How It All Started

1st of October 1989, the day forty-three women around the world gave birth. This was unusual only in the fact that none of these women had been pregnant when the day first began. Sir Reginald Hargreeves, eccentric billionaire and adventurer, resolved to locate and adopt as many of the children as possible.

He got eight of them.

But only intended to adopt seven, A pair of twins messed that up. Sir Reginald intended to adopt only the male twin after seeing how small his sister was compared to him, but the twins mother would only give up the male if Sir Reginald also took the female into his care.

Growing up as kids, Sir Reginald gave each child a number, not a name. Their robotic mother figure had given them all names as time went on, except for one, he refused and insisted on being called by his number.

Number 1, Luther, power: super strength.
Number 2, Diego, power: Trajectory manipulation.
Number 3, Allison, power: Mind control when she says 'I heard a rumour.'
Number 4, Klaus, power: Communication and contact with the dead.
Number 5, Five, power: Teleportation (blinking) and time travel.
Number 6, Ben (Deceased), power: Summoning octopus-like tentacles from his chest.
Number 7, Vanya, power: (no one finds out until later) Channeling the elements (eg, water, fire, ect)
Number 8, Y/n, power: Controllable death touch and Invisibility.

As kids, you were not capable of controlling your powers. You were forced to wear gloves 24/7 as those around were scared of you. You were forced to sit out when your siblings would practice and work on their powers to improve and learn to control them. But you were never given the chance to learn to control your powers, because if you messed up just once an innocent soul could lose their life. You grew distant from most of the children as they were scared of you. But you had a strong bond with your biological twin brother Diego of course, but also surprisingly Klaus.

You just wanted to hide away because of the power you held. The ability to take away anyone's life just by touching them. One night at dinner time you had finally had enough, you were going to confront your father once and for all.

All your siblings stood in front of their chairs, as you stood thinking about what to say to your father.
"Sit down" Reginald instructed the children, they all did as they were told and started eating, you cleared your throat.

"I want to train my power, I want to be able to control it" you explained.

Reginald didn't look up from his plate to look at you, but all of your siblings did instead. Reginald kept his eyes on his plate, like you weren't even worth his time.

"I've already told you number eight, you have a deadly power, I will not be risking any of these children's lives just because you can't control it." He said calmly.

"how will I ever learn how to control it if I can't train or even take these stupid gloves off!" You raise your voice slightly getting pissed off at how calm your father seems to be.

"Enough, you are being immature, now sit back down and use your manners" Reginald continued to say in a calm tone. You furrow your eyebrows in anger as you storm of without eating, "number 8, get back here this instance!" You hear Reginald say from the dining room as you had already made your way up the stairs.

You heard footsteps behind you. You quickly turned your head around to see Allison. "I'm sorry." She said looking down, not meeting your gaze.

"for what?" You questioned her clearly confused.

"For this" she paused looking you in the eyes. "I heard a rumour" Alison spoke, your eyes turned white and you fell under her control. "That you fell asleep" She continued, your eyes grew heavy and you collapsed to the ground, slowly falling unconcious.

Diego walked up the stairs to find you unconscious on the ground, he quickly rushed past Alison and to your side. "What did you do to her?" He yelled, but Allison didn't reply she just walked off. Deigo picked you up, and carried you to your room.

Diego placed you on your bed and placed the blanket over you, tucking you in. Diego sat by your feet looking at your unconscious state "what did she do to you?" He mumbled to himself desperately wanting the answer, Klaus walked past your room, stopped in his tracks then walked back so he was standing in the doorway.

"what happened?" He asked softly and Diego cleared his throat.

"Allison did something to her to make her fall unconscious, I know it was her, it has to be, dad is always making her do his dirty work for him, I just don't know what she did to her" Deigo told Klaus, his eyes never leaving you.

"That sick bastard" Klaus mumbled loud enough for Diego to hear but no one else.

Klaus walked over to your bed and sat down next to Diego "she'll wake up soon Diego, she's strong remember?" Klaus said trying to reassure Diego that you were okay. Diego just nodded slightly not being able to get any words to leave his mouth.

"W-we are all just kids, we didn't ask f-f-for any of this" Diego began to stutter which he only does when he's scared or sad. Diego always had a stutter growing up but your mother helped him control it, but occasionally when he has overwhelming emotions it tends to slip.
"What if she doesn't w-wake up?" Diego asked Klaus, but Klaus just looked down not sure of what to say.

"She will..." Is all Klaus was able to tell Diego.

Word count: 971

A/N: This is my first time writing a fanfiction on Wattpad, so I really hope this turns out well and that you guys enjoy reading it. If I make any mistakes along the way, please feel free to tell me, because I do go back and check my Grammer and spelling but I am not always sure I fixed everything up. ♥️ And I am Australian so their might be some Australian English in this story so I apologise in advance.