Chapter 14 - Moon Cycle

[WARNING: detailed sexual content, read at your own risk 🔞]

When Jungkook walked inside his own room that night, Amelia was sitting on the floor, with Zhyao around her. The Chinese dragon had his long, snake-like body laid atop the carpet, in a way that his back served as a place for Amelia to recline her back and his tail was laid across her legs. Amelia was reading one of Jungkook's books, while her familiar kept nuzzling her cheek and neck, huffing to tickle her there, which resulted in Amelia getting distracted and giggling.

It was a pretty sight, even if Jin would flip if he even came close to dreaming the dragon was inside the house. Usually, the large, red dragon was outside in the garden, muffling around in the grass, since he took great pleasure in being among nature. Like his owner. But Amelia always found ways to sneak the dragon in and cuddle with him.

Coming close to his mate and her familiar, Jungkook was instantly spotted by the latter. Zhyao raised his head and looked him straight in the eye with honey gold ones. They almost looked too human to belong to him.

"Hey, big guy." He mumbled, touching the top of the dragon's head, where the fur was soft and dense.

Zhyao huffed again, this time closing his eyes in satisfaction and releasing a low hum in the back of his throat.

"Hi!" Amelia said, laying her head back to look at Jungkook properly "Where were you, I thought you'd be home around six?"

"I was." Jungkook crouched beside her on the floor and was a little hesitant when he saw her smile so cluelessly "I need to talk to you, Amelia."

"Oh, boy. What is it now?"

He looked down and cracked the sketch of a smile, suddenly feeling a little afraid of her reaction over what he was about to speak.

"So, when I arrived, twenty minutes ago, Lucy came to speak to me..." The way Amelia's brows stitched together told him this would probably be a little awkward "She told me you're about to have your Moon Cycle. Is that true?"

First, Amelia flushed. Then her cheeks flared up with redness and her eyes moved around the room, looking anywhere else but Jungkook. And, finally, she cleared her throat and looked down at the book placed on top of her legs, nodding slowly. Like a child being scolded.

"And you've been having symptoms, right?" One more time, she nodded, this time with her eyes filled with tears "Why didn't you tell me anything?"

Amelia sighed, now, brushing her hair back in nervousness. She seemed very tense, still looking everywhere else but him. Zhyao Wu was now sitting very still, like he could understand the conversation, but he was paying very close attention to Amelia, waiting for some sort of reaction.

"I was going to talk to Luna about it." Amelia mumbled, voice as small as it ever been "I didn't want to bother you again."

"Bother me?" Jungkook asked, starting to feel a bit frustrated that Amelia didn't trust him enough to share this information with him.

Amelia huffed in annoyance "Yes, bother you! Ever since I arrived here, I've done nothing but be the source of problems! Because of me everybody had to risk their lives. Lucy almost exhausted herself to death, Mina could've been hurt badly, and even Hoseok and Namjoon got hurt! I don't want to keep bothering everyone with my mess!"

Jungkook sighed and moved to sit beside Amelia, feeling Zhyao's breath in his hair when he did. The dragon seemed to like to have both his owner and her mate there, since he lowered his head and laid down on the floor, sighing before he closed his eyes.