Chapter Sixteen

Ayame laid on her bed, her arms laying across her chest as she thought about what had happened. She didn't know why her heart hurt so much, was it because she thought Kiba was cute? Ayame felt alone, she knew she couldn't tell Kurenai. Did girls tell their parents things like that?

Her heart once again felt a throb and the girl clutched her hands tighter, the tears in her eyes threatening to start spilling down her cheeks once again. She didn't like this feeling, not at all. She felt useless, someone who was strong wasn't supposed to act this way. She rarely saw any of her friends cry, therefore why was she crying?

Was it because she didn't mean anything? Ayame knew she wasn't supposed to even be here, she should have died alone in Orochimaru's hideout. The girl turned around so her face was deep inside her pillow and let out her sobs. Kurenai wasn't home but Ayame didn't even want to hear them herself.

She was tearing herself up. Finally she stood up, her eyes wild as she thought about what to do to let go of her pain. It seemed that hitting something always helped, even if it left her in pain afterwards.

Pain.

It was a strange word, one that could be taken in totally different meanings. Some found the word repulsive, slinking away at the mention of it while others felt guy in it. All problems could be solved by suffering a little pain.

Did emotions cause pain as well? Ayame didn't want to find out, she wanted to tear up Kiyomi and Kiba, the thought of the two even touching making Ayame gag.

The red-head pulled on her hair slightly, wincing but kept at it, her sobs now echoing off the walls in the room. Maybe this pain wasn't enough. . . maybe she would have to cause herself a more longer lasting pain.

A small growl came from the girls lips as she stood up with tear-filled eyes and searched for another way to let go. Her eyes stopped at her door, the plan coming to her mind instantly. It would hurt plus she'd have to make up an excuse for how it happened but Ayame couldn't handle it anymore.

She was driving herself insane.

It felt like thousands of bugs were crawling along her skin and Ayame started to panic. Her breathing quickened and she screamed slightly, her eyes now even playing tricks on her. She could see the bugs clearly but they obviously weren't there. The girls started scratching and hitting herself, before she rushed over to her door.

"Stop! Stop! Stop!" She screamed at nothing, positioning her arm in between the wall and the door before she stared to slam the door on her thin arm. Ayame bit her lip to keep from screaming, feeling the skin break and the blood go into her mouth.

Then she heard the crack.

The red-head stopped then, her wide eyes landing on her limp arm now hanging by her side. She let out a laugh, not being able to believe that she literally just broke her own arm on purpose.

She stumbled slightly when she went int the hallway, not only was her arm badly broken it was bleeding heavily. Ayame didn't expect this sort of outcome, she didn't even think about breaking her arm until a few minutes ago.

She finally made it into the street, trying to remember what way the hospital was in. It was dark out now and Ayame could feel the eyes of drunk men trailing after her. She didn't like this part of the village and wished Kurenai would move. She felt violated overtime she walked through here.

An arm appeared from an alleyway, grabbing Ayame and not allowing the girl to scream.

"You're the one that he's worried about? This'll be easy," A male voice said, sounding distant and farther away then they really were.