Chapter Two

Ayame took a deep breath, placing her hands out in front of her once again. Narrowing her eyes at the black haired women in front of her, she ran forwards, hoping to at least strike once. She once again made the mistake of looking into the swirling red eyes, instantly being trapped inside a genjutsu, as she had been already numerous times. 

Ayame quickly placed her hands together in the hand sign that would set her free, muttering under her breath, "Release!"

As she slowly started to fade back into reality she could make out the shadow of Kurenai in front of her, who had not even broken into a sweat. Ayame had been training with Kurenai ever since she had been let out of the hospital, seeing as Kurenai was her legal guardian for as long as she lived in Konoha, which Ayame hoped wouldn't be to long. 

Ayame had never been good with genjutsu and taijutsu, and going against Kurenai, a person who was good in both, wasn't something she was used to. Ayame began to wish that Kurenai would stop testing her and just train her instead. They had been going for at least four hours now, and while Ayame was close to running out of chakra, Kurenai seemed like she was perfectly fine. 

Kurenai noticed her student starting to struggle even more then she had been earlier and decided too call for lunch, even though she knew Ayame would give her a hard time. 

"Ayame, come on. Time too eat!" Ayame narrowed her eyes at Kurenai, and slowly made her way over. Kurenai was already sitting down on the floor, her legs crossed and she brought out bundles of rice balls. They were really the only thing that Ayame would eat with giving Kurenai a hard time. 

Sitting down in front of Kurenai, Ayame took one rice ball, staring at it for a couple seconds before she bit into it. The flavor bursted throughout her mouth, and she had to hold back the drool that she felt ready to drip down her face. Although Ayame was sure that if she let herself do whatever she pleased, she would have hearts in her eyes and drool going down the side of her face. 

She didn't know what it was about rice balls, but they always her favorite food, at least for as long as she could remember. Ayame couldn't remember anything before she was eight years old, but that didn't bother her. She was just happy that she was alive today. 

"Ayame, I know you don't want too talk about it, but I really need to know about Orochimaru," Kurenai begin, seeing Ayame tense up at the question. 

"T-there's nothing I wish to say about that horrible man." Ayame whispered, her gaze dropping to the floor and she put her half-eaten rice ball back down on the plate. 

"Well, how about your clan? Do you know anything about them?" Kurenai pressed on, not even noticing that inside Ayame was practically tortring herself with vivid flashbacks. However, Kurenai did not put it past herself to notice how Ayame was visibly shaking on the outside and her green eyes were wide with fear. 

Ayame slowly brought her hands up to her face, pulling at the sides of her hair. Kurenai's eyes instantly widened when the tears started to fall from Ayame's eyes, not used to seeing the girl like this. Ayame was usually quiet, reserved, and never showed any sign of emotion. 

Kurenai quickly moved over next to Ayame, pulling the small child towards her. Ayame instantly blinked when she felt herself come in contact with the older women's body, and she instantly wiped her eyes.

Kurenai felt horrible for making Ayame relive stuff she most likely didn't want too relive, but she was just trying to protect the girl from the interrogation corps. If Kurenai didn't get the answers soon, she was sure they would take her away and torture her with their cruel methods. 

"Ayame, why don't we go home?" Kurenai asked softly to which Ayame nodded her head in reply. She was tired for once, and really just wanted to sleep, although she wasn't sure if she'd be able too. She knew that she was most likely just going to have nightmares again, with Kuri making them happen.