Chapter Fifteen

Everything was changing.

The weather was turning colder, Ayame deciding she would need to buy warmer clothes. She had no clue if it would snow in the village but she had heard stories of it snowing before.

This time the girl had no one to go with her so she was stuck with getting whatever she thought would look nice. Which meant basically nothing. Ayame growled before she just grabbed a similar blue shirt to the one she was wearing minus the fact this one had long sleeves. Next she went and got a longer pair of pants as well as a sweater.

Without even trying the clothes on, the girl left the shop. She disliked shopping with a passion, preferring to spend the little money Kurenai gave her from missions on other things.

Ayame rushed to the ramen stand, hoping she still had enough money for even a small bowl. She was getting better at forcing herself to eat; no matter how much she knew it would make her fat.

The red-head grinned when she heard the shouting indicating that Naruto was there. She was growing used to the boy being around her and she couldn't help but admit that she was comfortable around him. With the fact that the boy made just about everyone love him, she wondered why some villagers gave him hateful looks.

It reminded her of how Orochimaru and Kabuto used to look at her.

Shaking her head of the thought, Ayame pushed the curtain back and sat on a stool next to the blonde. She was going to make conversation with him but she noticed he was there with Sakura and his sensei, Kakashi.

Kakashi looked at Ayame, giving her a look that she remembered when he was forced to watch over her in the hospital.

"Yo." He gave a mock salute, Sakura just staring at the girl. She grew slightly uncomfortable and just ordered her ramen. While waiting, she decided to start a conversation with Naruto.

The boy beat her to it, grinning from ear to ear at Ayame. "Hi! Ne, Ayame-chan, there's this new girl in the village and since you're a girl, I wanted to ask you! Would it be weird to use her as an example of my sexy-no-jutsu?"

"Sexy-no-jutsu?" Ayame was confused, she thinks she remembers Naruto using it on Iruka before but she wasn't sure.

Sakura punched Naruto in the head before he could answer, an anime vain protruding out of her forehead. Naruto yelped in pain, his eye seeming to protrude from their sockets. 

"Naruto!" 

Ayame let out a laugh, but was still confused. She wanted to know what the sexy-no-jutsu was. If she got to see it, maybe she could learn how to do it from Naruto as well. 

Sakura smiled at Ayame, shaking her head. "It's a very inappropriate jutsu Ayame-chan, please ignore this idiot."

Ayame nodded back, going back to her noodles. She saw the way Sakura's smile looked, it was forced. She could see it in the girls eyes that she didn't like Ayame as well. Ayame didn't know why she thought Sakura was any different without Ino. She couldn't complain however, Sakura had never really said anything, Ino was the worst of the two. 

Ayame finished her first bowl while Naruto was finishing his tenth. Kakashi sighed, realizing that he would be left to pay for this and could only pray that Naruto wouldn't get another bowl. 

Naruto rubbed his stomach, surprisingly full. He looked at Ayame, grinning from ear to ear. "Ayame-chan! Let's go to the hot springs! All of us, we can all meet up here and walk there together, doesn't that sound great?" Naruto looked between Ayame and Sakura, both girls grinning and nodding. 

They left Kakashi there to pay for their bowls, each going in separate directions to get the others. 

++++