Still With You

Summary:

Draken knew from the start that it was dangerous. Bonten was the leading criminal organisation that has been terrorizing Tokyo as of late. Drugs, money laundering, kidnapping, you name it. It's the most notorious group and none in their right mind would want to join them if given the choice.

And yet, Draken was one of the few oddballs who had the guts to join, not for money or status, but to get a glimpse of his best friend.

A/N :I thought I'm not writing for this fandom anymore since the manga is already long finished and I have no more ideas in storage. But guess what, I do.

This is merely a request from one of my readers in which I didn't promise to write, but somehow a spark of ideas suddenly came to me and I guess, why not?

To put it simply, this is just a what-if situation in which Draken joins Bonten

A little trigger warning because Mikey tried to SA'd Draken. But don't worry, they didnt go anywhere because Draken doesn't tolerate bullshit.

But this is probably my last fic for them. ( Or if anyone thought of making request, I'll gladly hear it. Though I will not promise a fic but i greatly appreciate it) Thank you so much for reading and do enjoy it.

There may be around 20 of them to be exact. All with almost the same height as him, though some were a bit chubbier or thinner than the rest. Some sport a few tattoos, around their necks or the side of their head. Draken looked around the room.

Grunts. All of them, Draken noted.

They were gathered in a warehouse for reasons he is still not quite sure.

It has been two months since Draken decided to join Bonten. With no other leads to reach Mikey, he decided that he should start by joining the gang associated with him. His partner, Inupi was furious at first, saying that Draken already had a proper job, and a proper life to add to that. Yet, here he was, still chasing after the ghost of his best friend.

Inupi couldn't say more though. In a way, he was bitter that Draken still had hope of pursuing his best friend while Inupi was still struggling with his, partly blaming his incompetence. Draken was against him wanting to follow suit, because it means treading on the danger that may lead to his death.

Draken knew from the start that it was dangerous. Bonten was the leading criminal organisation that has been terrorizing Tokyo as of late. Drugs, money laundering, kidnapping, you name it. It's the most notorious group and none in their right mind would want to join them if given the choice. And yet, Draken was one of the few oddballs who had the guts to join, not for money or status, but to get a glimpse of his best friend.

He knew the organisation was run by people he knew, who knew him back when they were still just a bunch of adrenaline-rushed teenagers beating each other up trying to become the top. Due to that, he decided not to reveal his face, for if he were found out, he would most likely get killed by the organisation. And Draken wouldn't want that, at least not before he gets to see Mikey. Thus, he wore a black mask at all times and let down his hair in an attempt to hide his tattoos. His hair was black, in contrast to his younger self who sports a blond. It worked. None of them recognise him.

However, even with all the effort, even after two months of pursuit, he could see no progress. Forget about catching a glimpse of Mikey, he hadn't encountered any of the executives. He's still just a small grunt, nothing more than a disposable pawn that can be thrown out.

Often he was only tasked in delivering information or beating up people, but that's all there is. No indication that he would rise up the ranks. To add to that, while he was occupied with the gang activity at night, he still very much diligently tended to his shop. Thanks to Inupi for taking over the night shift, after much persuasion on his behalf. He tried juggling his two separate lives, but it took a toll on his body and he was losing much needed sleep as time passed.