Chapter Three

(phil)

I jumped out of bed early the next week. It wasn't too often that we went to Hogsmade. And this time, I'd have friends to go with rather than trail around after Lily and her Quidditch friends.

It was another free day, so before I left I watered my plants. "Planty! Don't die on me now! After all we've been through?" I scolded him after I whispered "Aguamenti."

I got dressed in my robes and Hufflepuff tie before going down for breakfast.

"Morning, Lily," I said as I sat beside her.

"Wow, Phil. I thought you said you weren't a morning person," she replied, noting my happy mood.

"Hogsmeade is today! That's something to be happy about, yea?"

"You've never been this excited about Hogsmeade before," Lily said as she spread butter on her toast.

I've never had friends before, I thought. Which wasn't exactly true. I've always had Lily and, when he was here.. Cedric Digory was my friend, kind of. I've also had a few conversations about plants with Neville Longbottom.

When I finished my breakfast, I went by the Whomping Willow. I stood just out of reach of its branches. It swung at me, but it missed. I visit it so often, I forget that it doesn't like people sometimes.

"What are you doing?" I heard someone ask.

I turned and saw Dan walking towards me. His hair was slightly curly, which I didn't know happened, as it was quite humid outside.

"Um, just.. visitingthewhompingwillow."

"What was that?" Dan asked, smirking.

"Visiting the Whomping Willow," I said quietly.

"Oh cool," Dan said and he sat next to me, just out of reach of the tree.

"Cool?" I asked him.

"Well what am I supposed to say?"

"Well I dont know. Most people say 'Oh.. Okay,' and then silently strafe away," I chuckled.

"I'm not going to leave you because you enjoy the company of arguably the coolest tree on the grounds of Hogwarts," Dan laughed.

"Arguably? Is there a cooler tree in existence?" I asked Dan.

"Probably not," he admitted. "But that's besides the point. We're about to leave for Hogsmeade. You coming?"

"Of course," I said as I stood up.

"Great, let's go."

(dan)

Phil and I walked into Three Broomsticks to see Pj and Chris waving at us from across the room.

We awkwardly walked over to the table they were sat at and sat across from them.

"We didn't know if you two were coming!" Chris said.

"We've only been here five minutes, Chris. Be patient," Pj told Chris.

"But I don't want to wait," Chris fake-cried.

We all laughed as we ordered our butter beers, which was definately much better than any Muggle drink my dad made for me.

"Have you two got any money for Honeydukes?" Chris asked Phil and I.

"Yea, I've got a few Galleons. What about you?" I replied.

"Forgot it all back in the common room, unfortunately," Pj answered.

"Aw, that's a shame. I'll buy you a chocolate frog, if you want. They're not too expensive," Phil told Pj and Chris.