Chapter 15

Buck had somehow managed to sleep through his 8am alarm and his 9am alarm. When he woke up at 9:45 that morning he had a headache, he knew it was from the amount of sleep he had gotten. As he got up he did what he had been doing every day since he got there.

He brewed himself a cup of coffee and while waiting for it to be cooled down enough to drink, he showered. After he showered he left the bathroom and sat on his bed with his coffee. As he sat and drank his coffee he checked his messages.

He didn't know why he checked them, the only messages were from Maddie. He didn't know if he wanted to answer them, or if he'd respond later. It didn't take him long to decide to respond to Maddie.

'Are you okay?' Maddie had sent the message last night, though Buck didn't respond or remember seeing it.

'Are we gonna talk about what happened with Eddie? Or are we gonna ignore it?' The message was sent roughly 10 minutes after.

'I'm sorry if I am being pushy. I just worry. Goodnight.' The message was sent almost right after the one before.

'Good morning. Good luck with Tommy today. Text me back?' The message had been sent at 8:30 that morning, and Buck felt guilty for not being awake. He felt guilty for not responding to her that night too.

'I didn't see you messages, I am sorry. Thank you for the luck. I don't think I want to talk about me and Eddie right now. Thinking about him makes my head hurt.' Buck knew Maddie wouldn't see the message for a while. Either because she had fallen back asleep, or she was playing with Jee.

As Buck waits for the time to pass, he thinks out how he is going to interact with Tommy. As he's thinking out his responses to every thing he also starts thinking about the 118. He thinks about the fact that in two days he would be leaving again. He wanted to get home, but he felt some need to stay here and fix things.

He wanted to entirely forgive everyone, but he also wanted to just leave it behind again. He wanted to forget about the few heartfelt conversations he had and he wanted to forget about his and Eddie's awkward interaction.

But as he thought about Eddie, he thought about Christopher. His thoughts are broken when an alarm for 11 goes off. He didn't realize he had been sitting on his bed long enough for that much time to pass. He gets up and throws on his shoes before going to his jeep. He gets into the vehicle and buckles up before starting the engine and driving to his and Tommy's agreed to spot.

As he gets there he parks and goes inside. The traffic was perfect for him because he got there right at 11:25. He sees Tommy and his heart begins pounding. The cafe was almost entirely empty except for him, Tommy, and a few workers behind the counter. They both wave at each other.

Buck didn't fully know how to start a conversation. He walks to Tommy, his hands at his side. Though they aren't just at his sides, he is fidgeting with his fingers. Buck couldn't sense any nervousness in Tommy's demeanor, and he hoped Tommy couldn't sense he was nervous.

"Hi Buck." Tommy's voice snaps Buck out of his thoughts, though he hadn't been standing there long he realized he looked awkward.

"Hi Tommy." Buck smiles, though he still can't come up with conversation. Though it doesn't take long for Tommy to fill their silence.