Chapter Eighteen

DEAR READERS,

I am so sorry I haven't updated but I saw @wowowiwwo reading and commenting :) and now I feel inspired, this chapter might suck I'm listening to Billie Eilish heheheh.

I KNOW I SAID THIS WON'T BE A LONG

Enjoy,

Jasi :)

---

"New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings" - Lao Tzu.

---

Newt tried to stay focused, but the more his teacher spoke about calculus, the more he picked up his phone to check for Thomas's messages—still nothing. The final bell rang throughout the large school urging students to pack their bags and supplies. Heading to his plan locker he pushed his books into the overly cramped space before turning his head to Minho who was scrolling intently on his phone.

"You seen Thomas around?" Newt asked glancing around the almost empty hallway most people heading to grab food from the crap cafeteria.

"He came to the second period with me but dashed off towards to library before I had a chance to talk about why you-"

Newt dashed off towards the library heading straight past the old creepy Liberian library that had far too many wrinkles to count. Walking down the back stairs he crept down the dusty stairs glancing around the dark room and spotting Thomas curled in the corner his nose buried deep into a book. Newt walked behind Thomas wrapping his hands around the boy's face.

"Guess who?"

"A crazy person?" Thomas laughed sarcasm slipping off his tongue.

"It's me you idiot" Newt laughed sitting behind Thomas and letting the brunette sit between his legs.

"Same thing" Thomas joked leaning his head up against Newt's chest and playing with his hands drawing patterns on his soft skin. The air in the room suddenly went thick as both boys contemplated on what to say next.

"Why haven't you been talking or answering any of my texts" Newt questioned noticing how Thomas inhaled a sharp breath tensing underneath him.

"I've been busy" Thomas lied shutting his eyes.

"Don't lie to me" Newt begged kissing Thomas's hand.

"You won't judge?"

"I had a wheeled backpack in year 3 please continue" Newt joked.

"Well my mum came home last night...and she was drunk, next-level drunk, she got mad at me for hanging out with you and called me a fag" Thomas sighed trying not to choke on his own words, "she hit me and threw shit and me, but I'll be fine, I'm always fine". Thomas smiled tears slipping down his face.

Newt stared at Thomas the broken boy who sat in front of him it broke Newt's heart that he couldn't take any of that pain away.

"Can I see them?" Newt asked pointing at Thomas's body assuming that it would be covered in bruises, "You don't have to if you don't want to".

"It's fine" Thomas lightly smiled gripping Newt's hand with all his force before moving both of their hands to the end of his shirt pulling up the fabric revealing the artwork of bruises.

"Tommy..."Newt started running his hands along the bruising tracing out the different colours. Thomas wiped his eyes burying his face into Newt's chest breathing in the comforting scents.

"Don't say anything" Thomas whispered shutting his eyes and silently crying, "Just..hold me"

"Always", Newt promised kissing the top of Thomas' head and resting his head on the brunette's soft and fluffy hair. The two stayed in that position letting the sad air waft around the old room.

"If we stay down here any longer the teachers will find out" Newt softly spoke stroking Thomas' hair and twirling the strands between his long fingers.

"You're right," Thomas said sitting up and leaning against the bookshelf deeply sighing.

"Bloody hell Tommy get up" Newt vocalizes holding his hand out for Thomas which he took reluctantly. Newt wrapped his arms around Thomas embracing him in a loving hug warmth filling both their bodies. Newt leaned down to press his wet lips to Thomas' holding his arm around the sad boy's waist and holding the kiss for a couple of seconds before pulling away resting their foreheads against each other.

"Thank you Newt...for being here" Thomas smiled.

"Always"

---

THIS CHAPTER WAS SO SHORT I'M SO SORRY MY DARLING READERS DON'T HATE ME

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT, HOW DO YOU THINK THE STORY IS SO FAR?

LOVE YOU ALL,

JASI

---

Word count- 701