Pregnancy

2024

Jessica was sleeping peacefully between Jake and Sunghoon who had invaded her bed the day before. It was almost time to get up when she woke up suddenly, feeling sick to her stomach and feeling nauseous. She jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom, squatting in front of the toilet to throw up. Holding her hair in one hand and the toilet seat in the other, she regurgitated what little was in her stomach. Jessica stood up and flushed the toilet before brushing her teeth. To save time, the blonde took a shower and went to get her clothes at the same time as the alarm clocks were ringing. It was going to be a long day.
They were rehearsing the choreography for their new album and Jessica hasn't been feeling well all morning. She barely ate at lunch which worried her members but she assured them that she was fine.

- Noona, look at me ! exclaims Ni-ki, who was trying to walk on his hands.

Leaning against Heeseung, she smiles as she watches the youngest clown.

- We take back ! orders their choreographer. We still have work to do !

Jessica stands up so Heeseung can do the same but gets dizzy and holds her head.

- Jess, are you okay ? he worries.

- Noona, are you okay ?

- I just got up too quickly. I must have an iron deficiency. It's nothing.

She reassures them with a smile and training resumes. Jessica uses all her strength to keep up with the pace and not penalize her limbs, but her head is spinning and she ends up bumping into Sunoo on her right.

- Jessica ! reprimands the choreographer.

- Noona, are you sure you're okay ? You look really pale, Sunoo says, grabbing his arm. You need to sit down for a moment.

- I'm doing well ! she says.

The young woman takes a step forward but loses consciousness and collapses on the floor. The boys scream as they rush towards her, the choreographer cursing as he puts her in a side safety position.
Their manager arrived and to be on the safe side, called the firefighters to take Jessica to the hospital.

***

Jessica opened her eyes with difficulty, being dazzled by the spotlights in the ceiling. The unmistakable smell of the hospital made her nose wrinkle as she sat up. She saw their manager sitting in the chair next to the bed, typing on his cell phone.

- Oppa ?

He looked up at her and stood up.

- Jess, how are you feeling ?

- Woozy. What happened ?

- You passed out and we had to take you to the hospital. The doctors did some tests on you to make sure there's nothing wrong with you.

- Oh. Where are the guys ?

- They...

- Jess !

The door opened to reveal the group returning from the cafeteria. They rushed towards her and embraced her one by one.

- Are you doing well ?

- Do you hurt somewhere ?

- You need something ?

- If you let her breathe, she could respond, says their manager.

They move aside and she can finally see more clearly. A doctor enters the room, a file under his arm.

- Ah, Miss Marshall, glad to see you awake. How do you feel ?

- Nauseous.

He motions for her to lie down and pulls her hospital gown up to her stomach to feel it.