Chapter 23

I get in the car and pull out my phone.

Ollie: What are you doing?

Y/n: Calling your mom. She should know about this.

I put the phone to my ear and wait for Sidney to answer.

Sidney: Hey honey. I'm just on a run with the kids before I gotta take them to school. How's Dewey?

Y/n: He's good but Sid... It's happening again.

Sidney goes silent for a moment surely trying to process what I just said.

Sidney: What are you talking about?

Y/n: This girl was attacked the other night and we just talked to her sister... Apparently there are two other victims. Don't worry I'm getting Ollie out of here as soon as I can.

Sidney:... Stay safe okay? Mind if I talk to Ollie?

I hand the phone to him and he quickly puts it to his ear. I can only hear Ollie's half of the conversation but it sounds like the usual 'How you holding up?' and 'i love you conversation.' either way it doesn't last long before he hands me back the phone.

Sidney: Alright I'm going to call Dewey. I love you.

Y/n: I love you too Sid.

With that the call ends and the front door to Dewey's trailer swings open. Dewey walks out seeming more determined and with a gun on his hip.

Y/n: Where are you going old man?

Ollie: Isn't he only a little-

Y/n: I could ground you for life with that kinda talk.

Ollie smiles and watches Dewey get in his car.

Ollie: Well shouldn't we follow him? Y'know to make sure he's safe.

I slowly nod and watch as Dewey pulls out.

Y/n: I think that's the responsible thing to do.

I start the car and follow Dewey deeper into the town of Woodsboro. Eventually he arrives at a house that looks a little familiar and has that couple from earlier. Sam and Richie walking inside. When Dewey steps out and walks towards the door they turn around and see him obviously shocked.

Sam: He came.

I jog up beside the limping man and put my arm around him

Y/n: Oh he always comes.

Dewey rolls his eyes but still smiles a little.

Dewey: I have decided to temporarily assist you in your investigation.

Y/n: I wo-

Ollie cuts me off holding up his phone.

Ollie: The next flight for Chicago isn't for a couple of hours. We can help.

I look between Ollie's smug face and Sam's pleading one before groaning and motioning for them to lead the way.

Y/n: Alright fine...

Sam's face lights up.

Sam: Thank you. Both of you.

Me and Dewey walk into the house first and see a giant portrait of Randy over the mantle. That's why this place was so familiar. A girl walks in and looks at the painting.

???: Randy was our uncle. R.I.P.

She looks back at us.

Mindy: I'm Mindy and that's my brother Chad.