Chapter 24

The almost hour long ride to the airport was silent as I think about all the scars I've gained over the years. Running my hand over the faded scar on my neck I felt good in my decision. Pulling into the airport I see a familiar face looking around the airport for someone and I'm sure the person he's looking for is me. I tell Ollie to wait in the car as I step out and walk to him.

Y/n: What the hell are you doing Mickey?

Mickey: You don't seem very happy to see your cousin walking free.

He looks at me with an awkward smile.

Y/n: Fuck you.

Mickey: Alright I get it.... But I was hoping I wouldn't find you here.

Y/n: What is that supposed to mean?

Mickey: Running away? You? Come on y/n.

Y/n: It's for-

Mickey: Don't lie to me y/n... You're being a coward.

I think about the last time an asshole called me a coward. Roman Bridger. But this was different.

Y/n: I'm trying to save my family.

Mickey: Letting those kids back there die?

Y/n: Sorry if I'm not going to take my morality advice from you. How many people did you kill again?

Mickey: How many have you killed?

The question hits me like a truck. Does he know about what I had done? How could he?

Mickey: How many people died because you were too worried about yourself?

Y/n: You don't know what your talking about.

Mickey: Maybe not... But that look on your face tells me that you do.

I look back at Ollie sitting in the car.

Mickey: Looks like a good kid. I've come to terms with the shitty man I am but y/n... I don't think I could lose faith in you.

I listen to him talk while keeping my eyes on Ollie.

Y/n: Maybe you should.

Mickey: Guess we'll find out.

Suddenly I jog back over to the car. Opening the passenger door for Ollie who looks at me confused.

Y/n: You're going back to Chicago.

Ollie gets out of the car confused as I pull him through the airport.

Ollie: What about you?

Y/n: I'm staying... Those kids don't deserve this.

Ollie stops in his tracks out of nowhere and looks into my eyes. For a split second he stares before pulling me into a tight hug.

Ollie: Thank you dad... I love you.

I hold Ollie tight trying my best to hold in my tears.

Y/n: Get home and make sure Sidney and your siblings are safe... I'll be home soon.

I let go and get a good look at Ollie.

Y/n: I love you.

With that I run back to the car seeing Mickey leaning against it.

Mickey: Mind if I tag along?

Without replying I sit in the driver's seat and he gets in the passenger's. I start the car and begin the long drive back to Woodsboro.

Mickey: We got an hour to kill. How's life been?

Time skip

Mickey nods as we pass the welcome to Woodsboro sign.