Chapter 25

I slowly come to in the florescent lights of the hospital. Feeling pressure on my hand I look and see Sidney beside my bed holding my hand while the other is bandaged. Once she realizes I'm awake she gently puts her hand on my face.

Sidney: Hey there handsome. How are you feeling?

I faintly smile and feel a throbbing pain shoot through my body.

Y/n: You seem to make it a lot better. I guess that might be the painkillers.

Sidney smiles and grips my hand tighter.

Sidney: Let's go with it's me.

I get a flash of Dewey in my head and remember exactly why I'm in the hospital causing my smile to quickly fade.

Y/n: What are you doing here? The kids-?

Sidney: It's okay... I made sure Ollie was with them before I left. You've been out for a while.

I lay my head back and remember seeing Dewey attacked. I stare at the ceiling already knowing the answer.

Y/n: Dewey...?

Sidney doesn't answer. We sit in silence for a moment before I feel tears begin falling down my face.

Y/n: It's my fault Sid... I dropped my gun...

I close my eyes and begin to sob while replaying the moment over in my head.

Y/n: I should've been more careful... Dewey is gone because of me.

Sidney stands and places my face between her hands.

Sidney: Look at me. This isn't your fault. That asshole in the mask killed Dewey. Not you. This is nobody's fault but theirs.

I look into her eyes as she speaks feigning a small smile as tears still roll down my face. Footsteps enter the room as both me and Sidney Look to see Gale walking in.

Gale: Sidney look where they're at.

Sidney looks at the phone and takes a second before her face drops.

Sidney: Stu Macher's house.

Y/n: What is that?

Sidney: I put a tracker on Sam's car.

I look between the two women as they wait for me to respond.

Y/n: Where did you get a tracker?

Sidney shrugs not expecting that answer.

Sidney: Listen we're going to go help them. I'll right be back. As soon as I can. Okay? Just try to rest.

Y/n: You actually just said I'll be right back.

I begin trying to get up but wincing when I move my bandaged hand.

Y/n: I'll come with you.

Sidney: No you're staying here. With your leg in that boot and your arm in that sling... You'll just slow us down.

Gale: You know she's right y/n. Come on Sidney we should get there before the big finale.

Sidney plants a quick kiss on my lips before walking to the door.

Sidney: I'm sorry. Love you.

With that they run out of the hospital. I lay my head back. How could she expect me to rest while I know she's in danger.

KNOCK
KNOCK

I keep my head back.

Y/n: Yeah doc you got anything to knock me out?