Chapter 19

Ross Monroe's POV

It’s been four months since I chose to isolate myself from the world outside my office. The walls of my workspace became my sanctuary, a place where I could lose myself entirely in work. I threw myself into every project, every task, working tirelessly to distract myself from the lingering pain of my broken heart. My days blurred together in a whirlwind of deadlines and meetings, all designed to keep my mind occupied and prevent me from thinking about him.

Yet, despite my best efforts, the solitude of cold nights would inevitably bring him back into my thoughts. As I lay down on my bed, his face would unexpectedly appear in my mind, piercing through the numbness I’d tried so hard to cultivate. Each time, the familiar ache would return, a heart-wrenching reminder of what I had lost and the depth of my unresolved feelings. I missed him. Every bit of him.

I am consumed by a profound sense of disappointment in myself for allowing him to face all of his struggles alone. On that day, when I left him, I abandoned him in a state of devastation, and the memory of his tear-streaked face haunts my dreams night after night.

Despite the weight of this guilt and the persistent ache of regret, I still chose to stand my ground, clinging to my decision with a mix of stubbornness and self-preservation. The internal conflict of knowing I contributed to his suffering while remaining steadfast in my choice is a bitter pill to swallow, leaving me to grapple with the consequences of my actions every single day. Regret. That's all I could think about.

I took down all of my social media dahil takot ako na baka isang message lang galing sa kanya ay tatakbo na ako pabalik. Ignoring all rational decisions just to be with him. Hindi ko pweding gawin 'yon. Not when an innocent little one is involved.

That little angel must be three months old by now, and I can’t help but smile bitterly. Images of Vaughn with that girl and their baby keep flashing through my mind—a family I had dreamed of giving him, but instead, it's with her. I’m completely out of the picture, fucking ironic.

"Sir the candidates for the screening are all here."

I was pulled back into reality when my secretary entered my office. Tumayo ako at inayos ang necktie. We have screening for new models right now.

Lumabas ako para pumunta sa room kung saan gaganapin ang screening. I saw Jax waiting out there looking at me with a not-so-nice eyes.

We're distant now that I keep shutting him down every time he mention my Vaughn's name. He kept bothering me since my first day back here in New York. He kept pushing me to go back and such pero hindi ko siya pinapatapos.

I don’t want to hear anything about what’s happening in the Philippines. I can continue with my life this way.

"It's good to see you out of your office Ross. Mabuti naman at di kayo nag-isa ng upuan mo." Here he go again with his sarcastic remarks.

Bumuntong hininga ako. "Don't start with me right now Jax. We have a lot of things in hand. The screening won't start without us."

"Yeah yeah whatever, ikaw naman may ari so what with the rush?" He rolled his eyes at me. This sassy man, really.

"Tsk. Let's go. Let's make this quick." He rolled his eyes on me again saka binuksan ang pinto.

The room was packed with aspiring models, each one more stunning and physically fit than the last, but I couldn’t bring myself to focus on them. Despite their beauty and impeccable appearances, they all appeared as little more than blurred shapes in my vision. My attention was elsewhere, absorbed by thoughts and concerns that overshadowed the vibrant energy and allure of the room. The vibrant chatter and the flashes of perfect smiles and poses seemed distant and insignificant compared to the inner turmoil that clouded my mind.