Epilogue

When I opened my eyes, they immediately locked onto the man standing on the other side of the room.

It was Ross, gazing at me with admiration in his eyes, his hands trembling slightly as he held the microphone. In that moment, it felt like the world around me shifted into slow motion. I noticed a few people on the sides, but they didn't really register in my mind. All my attention, all my senses, were completely focused on Ross, the person I had been waiting for these past few months. Everything else seemed to fade away as I took in the sight of him, finally there in front of me.

"Lab I know I fucked up again." Pumiyok ang boses niya dahil sa pinipigilang emosyon. "But would you spend the rest of your life with me? So I can make it up to you every day?"

Lumabo ang mga mata ko dahil sa luhang hindi ko napansing tumutulo na pala. I ignore my tears and run towards him.

"Be careful, baka madapa ka."

Hindi ko iyon sinunod at mas binilisan ang takbo hanggang sa makalapit ako sa kaya. He was about to say something but I jumped into his arms causing the mic to fall on the ground.

"What took you so long?" We tried countless times to reach out to him, but his stubbornness was unmatched. No matter how hard we tried, he remained resolute, refusing to budge.

"I'm sorry for being a coward lab."

Tumutulo man ang mga luha ay mas lalo niyang hinigpitang ang hawak sa bewang ko para i-angat ako at ilagay ang kamay sa pang-upo ko bilang suporta.

"You're not a coward, Bal; you're just unbearably selfless," I whispered, pressing my forehead against his and closing my eyes, shutting out the fact that there were others in the room. "Can you be selfish right now and claim me? Don't worry about the wedding sequence; let's just exchange vows and rings, please."

"Do you really want that?" His voice cracked once again.

"Yes" I murmured against his neck.

"Then can you stand straight now so we can start?"

Agad na uminit ang pisnge ko ng maalalang nakakapit parin ako sa kanya habang nakapulupoy ang biniti sa bewang niya. Bumaba ako at ngumiti. He turn to the Officiant, ang kakasal sa amin. He ask him to do what I want. I know everything is way too fast. Iniwan niya ako pero hito ako, bukas loob at walang pag aalinlangang tatanggapin siya.

Maybe this is what love really is. 'Yong kaya mong tanggapin ang tao kahit gaano pa kasakit ang pinagdaanan ninyo. Because you know that staying in that person's side would make it up for all the pain you have felt. Ang makasama siya ay sapat na.

And Ross wants to marry me, so who am I to deny the love of my life? I learned from his father that he had planned to propose to me that day. We had both bought rings for each other but never had the chance to exchange them. I don’t want to wait another hour or another day for us to finally get married. The delay has stretched on far too long, making my heart ache with longing.

I want to call him my husband. I want us to live together in one house, to finally be a family with him and Dawn. I want to lie down beside him every night and wake up with him holding me. And there are so many other desires that involve him, desires I’ve been holding onto for too long. I desperately want them all.

"Join me in celebrating and witnessing the love and commitment shared by these two men today."

Nang sabihin iyon ng Officiant ay lumingon ako sa likod. Halos gusto kong magtago ng makita ko lahat ng kaibigan ko doon. They fooled me. Magcomment pa sila kanina sa tweet ko pero nandito na pala sila!