Chapter 20

Vaughn Rei Riego's POV

Dawn is with Ayesha today dahil miss niya raw ito. She was out for two days kaya hindi niya ito nakasama.

It's been 4 months since I met her. She's a wonderful girl and a mother. Akala ko noong araw na mag-uusap kami ay mapipilitan akong magpakasal sa kanya para panindigan siya. But she said something I never expected.

Hindi ko inaasahang willing siyang ipa-adopt ang anak niya for me to have a family.

Nang marinig ko iyon ay akala ko tumatakbo lang siya sa responsibilidad niya bilang ina pero ang kondisyon pala ay dapat parti parin siya ng buhay nito. That she has the right to visit him, to spoil him, and to take good care of him. And that's when I realized how good she is.

I’m genuinely pleased to see that she finally has someone who is genuinely interested in her and who appreciates her for who she truly is. Jaheel has been courting her for the past month, and his admiration for her has become increasingly apparent. From the moment he got to know her, it was as if he was instantly captivated by her unique qualities and the essence of her personality. His feelings have only deepened over time, and it’s clear that his affection is rooted in a sincere appreciation of her character.

Naging close agad sila nang pinastay ko si Ayesha sa bahay dahil hindi pa pweding wala siya sa tabi ng anak ko. My son, my little angel. And my miracle.

He came into my life and completely turned it upside down. At first, it was tough dealing with Ross leaving me, and I struggled to find my footing. But then Dawm came along and made everything better. He became my anchor, helping me stay grounded and keeping me sane. His existence was exactly what I needed to get through the rough patches and find balance again.

Binigyan niya ako ng lakas para hintayin ang dad niya. Ross will always be his dad for me kahit na hanggang ngayun ay hinihintay ko parin siya.

Ugh. I miss Dawn already, I have to make this quick. I'm at the mall right now to buy some groceries dahil medyo konti nalang ang stocks sa bahay.

But instead of going to the grocery section, my feet led me to the kids section. My eyes sparkle with wants when I saw a little shoes.

It looks so small and cute. Dawn don't have this stuffs for now since he's only three months. He's just wearing those small socks and onesies.

I'll buy this one. It's too cute to be left in here. Umikot ikot pa ako para maghanap ng iba pang pweding bilhin. Dawn can wear it when he get bigger anyway. Pumunta ako sa clothes section. I scan them one by one at baka may magustuhan ako.

After a while ay medyo marami na akong nakuha and I was about to grab another shirt when I realized something.

Ross was supposed to be right here beside me, helping me choose clothes for our son. Instead, I find myself alone in this moment, sorting through options and making decisions on my own.

A lone tear fell out of my eyes na agad ko namang pinunasan. I can wait. I can wait no matter how long it would take. He can take his time. Dahil may babalikan siya kailan niya man gusto.

I shrugged those negative feelings and proceed to pay in the counter so I can finally buy my groceries and go home.

asa parking lot na ako at naglalagay ng mga pinamili sa backseat nang makatanggap ako ng message galing kay Ayesha.

Ayesha
Vaughn matagal ka pa ba? I have an emergency. My grandparents knew what happened to me and now gusto nila akong makita with baby Dawn. You have to go with me dahil baka hindi na ako pabalikin pati si baby Dawn. They're not happy with my decision.