Chapter 6

Meredith ran to English leaving me in the dust. It's the last period of the day I don't feel like racing. Plus I have soccer practice after this for like an hour. As I walked down the hallway I kept thinking how I was going to do my science project. Doesn't time have to do with like a four decisional square or something? I was so busy think I bumped straight into someone's chest. I looked up to see Nick. Ahh the face of an angle...

"Woah hey" Nick said in his beautiful deep voice.

"Hi" I looked deep into his beautiful emerald eyes. When reality final hit me I shook my head. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry for bumping into you"

"Hey no sweat. See you later" with that Nick left with a little wink of his eye.

I wanted to faint. He was so gorgeous. His hair. His eyes. His cheekbones. God I could cut my finger on his cheek bones. Reality took another hit to my head. After I noticed the time I rushed to English. Ugh why does Nick have to be so hot.... And why do I have to be so girly?

I wasn't late as I entered the room to see Meredith already sitting in the front. As the bell rang Mrs.Miller came in and slammed a ruler on Meredith's desk making Meredith scream. She then made a death glare at me. I could see the fire burning in her eyes. You could literally see hell through her gaze.

"Sam, did you do your homework?" Mrs. Miller yelled at me.

I jumped a bit and ran to the back of the class. I DIDNT KNOW WE HAD HOMEWORK LAST NIGHT! MOM'S GONNA KILL ME IF SHE KNEW I DIDN'T DO MY HOMEWORK AGAIN. My thoughts were interrupted by Mrs. Miller's laugh which sounded more like a cackle.

"Just kidding. You didn't have any homework last night."

I had so much rage. I could literally walk up to her and choke her with her own ruler. God I swear she hates me. I took my seat thinking of way I could kill Mrs. Miller.

"Can we begin class now Mrs.Miller? We only have so much time and we're behind." Meredith said with a adjusting of her glasses. Mrs.Miller cackled again.

I just looked at them weird. I was probably thinking the same thing as the rest of the class. No one wanted class to begin. Mrs.Miller walked to the front of the room and started yelling out page numbers. 43, 48, 57, 68, 72, 79, 83, 99, 102! Shakespearian sonnets. Iambic pentameter. Da Fuq is a pentameter! I hate English with a passion. I hate this school with a passion.

I started getting frustrated and yelled, "HOW ARE WE SUPOSE TO TO REMEMBER ALL OF THIS"

She just cackled her cackle and keep shouting out page numbers. My response was just to slam my head on my desk in annoyance.

~~~

Yay I'm outta the hell hole. I grabbed Meredith's wrist and ran to our lockers. I bet she doesn't like how it feel being tugged around school for a change. We made it to our lockers and took a couple breathes. I opened my locker and grabbed my satchel and slung it over my shoulder. When Meredith wasn't looking I stuffed my choir book in my bag. I still don't want Meredith to know about my choir thing. I know she's my best friend and all but I still think taking the class is embarrassingly girly, so I don't know how I'll feel if she knew.

"So we gonna met up at the cafe today?" I ask turning to Meredith.

"Sure" she said cheerfully "After soccer practice I assume"

"You have assumed correctly" I smiled and grabbed my soccer ball outta my locker. "See ya then"

Meredith doesn't do soccer mainly because she isn't the best with foot-eye coordination. So while I'm at soccer she's usually home babysitting her sisters or something. I don't know. Then after practice we go to 'The Collins Cafe' which is like our little hangout. It's a little cafe close to our neighborhood so we go there all the time after school when we don't have anything else to do.

I closed my locker door and headed to the field. When I got there there was a note on the gate that said Field being irrigated. No soccer practice today ~Coach Honnel I frowned a bit but just turned around and headed to the cafe. I kicked my soccer ball all the way there.

When I got there I picked up my soccer ball and opened the glass door and heard the familiar ring of the bell above it. I walked to the counter and was greeted by Nathan Collins, the son of the owner of the cafe. He goes to our school and is in the same grade as Meredith and me. He has light brown hair he always flicks to the side and crystal blue eyes. He's slightly tall than me by like three inches. He looked surprised that I was here this early on a soccer practice day.

"Hey Sam! Guess practice was canceled today, huh?" He said with a friendly smile.

"Yea it's being irrigated"

"Oh ok. You want your usual"

"Yep"I said popping out the 'p'.

"One banana and strawberry smoothie coming right up"

Nathan went straight to making my smoothie as I got my billfold outta my pocket. Nathan handed me my smoothie and put a bendy straw in it. I bent the straw down and started to get out money to pay him.

"Oh no. It's on the house" He smiled showing his teeth and returned the smile as well.

"Thanks dude"

"No problem. Hey you know prom's coming up"

I groaned "Yea what about it"

"I was wondering... If... You wanted..." I raised my eyebrow as Nathan got all fidgety " if you wanted to... Help decorate the gym with me and the comity" he blurted out quickly.

"Erm sure. Where do you want me to come?"

"How about Thursday next week. Does that sound good?"

"I have nothing to do that day so sure"

I smiled and left with that. I walked to a booth next to the window and sat down. I was a bit curious about how Nathan was acting. He was acting so... strange about prom. It's not like he wanted to ask me out or something, right? Nah! That would be silly. Im pretty sure he already has a date anyways. I'm going to ask Nick out thou, but when the time is right I don't just wanna rush it. Plus prom is like a week away so I have time. So I put the thought of it aside and sipped my smoothie and waited for Meredith to arrive.

_____________________
Hey everybody

Leave a comment in the comment section. And while your there leave a vote. If you wanna read Meredith's part of the story go to Whovian_emmidisyn and give her a follow. Btw Tag you're it Whovian_emmidisyn.

Don't forget to be awesome! -RaynbowCrash