Chapter 2

In the cold winter at the end of the year, even though there was a brazier burning wood in the room, Lower Concubine Liu still felt chilled to the bone.

Did Granny Wang deliberately open the window at night?

It's the twelfth lunar month now, the north wind is as sharp as a knife, the chill pierces through the heart.

Not to mention children, even adults can't stand the wind.

[Alas, later the Imperial Physician said I was only a month old, my body wasn't fully grown, and I was invaded by the cold into my internal organs, very difficult to regulate, and as expected I couldn't hold on and passed away before even a year had passed...]

[My mother loved me, held me to sleep together, but as a result she caught a cold today right after getting out of her one-month confinement. Afterwards she coughed for three months, leading to my father the Emperor who died young not summoning my mother. Mother suffered physically and mentally worrying about taking care of me, and also not able to recuperate herself, she really suffered torment in both body and mind.]

[Not much later her health completely collapsed. Three years later she was granted death by the New Emperor, and was buried along with my father, she didn't even have the strength to resist!]

Lower Concubine Liu almost collapsed, but holding the child, she could only force herself to endure.

The Emperor died so early, and she was buried along with him?

But right now she couldn't think about things three years later, the most urgent thing was her young daughter's safety.

Looking up, Lower Concubine Liu scrutinized the simple-looking expression of Granny Wang in front of her. She had previously thought this person was diligent and honest, and could be trusted.

But now, under these astonishing murmurings, she couldn't help but become suspicious.

Although the murmured thoughts of her young daughter were extremely bizarre and strange, not like a normal person, everything she said seemed to warn her mother.

What if it was true?

She didn't dare neglect it.

Lower Concubine Liu looked seriously at Granny Wang right away.

Tonight, she absolutely could not let something similar happen!

She would not allow others to plot against her child!

She wanted to see if Granny Wang really had that much audacity.

"Replying, Fifth Prince and Madam Liu have arrived, they just happened to meet in the front hall."

She was thinking, when a little eunuch outside the room came to announce.

Lower Concubine Liu was immediately overjoyed, "Quickly invite them in."

But very soon, when she saw a seven-year-old boy, walking expressionlessly three steps in front of a middle-aged woman, the light in her eyes swiftly darkened.

Not long after she entered the palace, she gave birth to the Fifth Prince, titled Replying.

According to convention, Fifth Prince was raised by Consort Li.

Consort Li's father was a top official, and could give Fifth Prince a better future, much better than her own father who was only a fifth-rank official.

Lower Concubine Liu knew that Consort Li didn't want Fifth Prince to have too much contact with her, his birth mother.

Only if his birth mother Lower Concubine Liu stayed away from Fifth Prince, would Consort Li let down her guard and truly care for Fifth Prince wholeheartedly.