Chapter 159

Inside the military tent, Meng Can picked up the pigskin and immediately noticed something different.

The suturing technique was unlike the one described in his family's traditional medical book.

However, the method was even more intricate and delicate.

Meng Can gave Meng Chun a complex look, tossed the pigskin back, and turned his attention to the table covered with freshly sutured pig heads, intestines, legs, and organs...

If the suturing technique on the pigskin had merely impressed Meng Can, the array of different suturing methods applied to various body parts on the table left him utterly captivated.

"In the years you've been with the guard post, how many battles have you fought... to develop such suturing skills?"

"Exquisite, truly exquisite!"

Meng Can picked up a pair of scissors, intending to cut open the stitches on a pig's hind leg to examine how the bone had been sutured inside.

But his nephew Meng Chun quickly stopped him, "Uncle, wait. First, tell me if you're willing to use the Sleep Saint Powder to save people in our camp."

At the mention of Sleep Saint Powder, Meng Can immediately frowned, dropped the pig leg, and turned to leave!

"Meng Chun, you know what I despise most!"

...

[Oh, Meng Can's collection progress has increased to 15%!]

In the imperial tent, Xiao Chuchu, who was trying rice porridge today, suddenly heard the inner voice.

Xiao Yunzhou, who was feeding her with a spoon, immediately brightened up.

Nearby, Liu Chaniang, who continued practicing sutures on pigskin, also smiled upon hearing this, but didn't pause her stitching.

But then Xiao Chuchu made a puzzled sound, [Meng Can's collection progress has dropped again, down to 3%. Tsk, what's going on?]

Xiao Yunzhou frowned but continued coaxing his daughter to focus on eating.

He already had an idea to solve this issue.

"Be good, Chuchu, open your mouth, ah~"

"Wei Zheng, I received a memorial from Head Imperial Physician Hu this morning, saying he's devised a method for chest surgery to alleviate pain and reduce infection in abscesses. Relay a message to him."

"Tell him to come to Meng Chun's tent in about fifteen minutes. I'll go there to listen later."

As Xiao Yunzhou spoke, he instructed Wei Zheng.

Wei Zheng looked confused, wondering 'when did this memorial arrive?', but quickly agreed obsequiously and immediately retreated.

Xiao Chuchu glanced over and felt reassured, [It seems the simple version of the anesthesia and disinfection skill book I exchanged has entered Jing Country.]

[Good, now I can sit back and wait for things to unfold without rushing. I trust in the abilities of the Imperial Academy of Medicine, Doctor Meng, and my mother.]

With this, Xiao Chuchu could now focus on drinking her rice porridge.

Spoonful by spoonful, it was deliciously sweet. [It would taste even better with more sugar~]

Xiao Yunzhou silently took note but quickly put on a stern face.

No, too much sweetness would rot her teeth. The little princess would cry when she grew up and realized this.