Chapter 9

[Oh, my dashing brother, hurry back and study your books!]

Even though the room was warmed by burning charcoal, Lower Concubine Liu and Fifth Prince Cheng Qian still felt a chill in the air.

Xiao Chuchu, however, was reminiscing about the contents of a book.

The more she recalled, the graver the matter seemed, leading to a series of tragic events in the future.

[My brother was beaten by his tutor, publicly humiliated, and had to call for a court physician due to his injuries, which was recorded in official records. Three days later, at the grand winter ceremony, our father the Emperor didn't allow my brother to make an appearance!]

[This incident caused palace maids, eunuchs, and even ministers from the previous dynasty to think that my brother had lost the Emperor's favor!]

[Afterwards, my brother was looked down upon for a long time, so much so that when the time came to recommend a Crown Prince, not a single minister considered him!]

Xiao Chuchu's recollections came flooding back.

Fifth Prince froze for a moment, but quickly regained his emotionless demeanor.

He gratefully reached out and caressed his sister's little face.

What his sister had foretold the previous night had now become a reality.

Then this incident in the study room would also likely occur.

Last night, he had been worried and unable to sleep, feeling drained. This morning, upon learning of the eunuch's affair, he was utterly distraught.

He pondered back and forth, wondering how to prevent his mother from being buried alive, and how to avoid the tragedy of him being unable to protect his grandfather's family due to the new Emperor's suspicion.

In his current state, he would undoubtedly be unable to concentrate during today's study session.

Even though he could normally recite the texts after reading them a few times, today he would most likely fail his tutor's questioning.

He would certainly be punished by the tutor!

And then, as recorded by the official, due to his mistake, he would be unable to attend the ceremonial rites as a prince, which his sister had predicted could very well happen.

Fifth Prince looked at his sister with gratitude, deeply relieved.

If not for her, he would have fallen into this calamity.

With this thought, he glanced at Lower Concubine Liu.

His mother couldn't hear his sister's thoughts, could she?

Lower Concubine Liu was also anxious, but after last night's experience, she had become much braver.

After all, the facts proved that her daughter's thoughts could alter reality.

So Lower Concubine Liu remained composed and gave Fifth Prince a smile.

"It's the depths of winter, and Cheng Qian rushed here without even wearing a cloak. Aren't you freezing?"

Indeed, his mother couldn't hear his sister's thoughts.

Fifth Prince breathed a sigh of relief, as he now had an excuse to return.

"Your son hurried to see you and your daughter, and didn't feel the cold earlier. But now I do feel a chill."

Lower Concubine Liu promptly handed him a hand warmer, "Your sister and I are fine, so you can rest assured. The sun isn't shining today, and it might rain later."