𝐢𝐯. mitchell's sick of quests

CALL YOUR MOM

ACT ONE: i'm called
mr forgettable

chapter four. mitchell's sick of quests

AN UNEASY SILENCE SETTLED ON THE GROUP

"You just . . . finished the prophecy," Rachel stammered. "—An oath to keep with a final breath, and foes bear arms to the Doors of Death. How did you—"

"I know those lines." Jason winced and put his hands to his temples. "I don't know how, but I know that prophecy."

"In Latin, no less," Drew called out. "Handsome and smart."

Mitchell clenched his jaw. "Latin, huh?" He strode over to Jason until they were face to face. Campers held their breaths. "How exactly do you know Latin? And better yet, how do you know the prophecy?"

"I don't know."

"I'm getting sick of hearing you say I don't know." Mitchell snarled. He ignored the protests from Annabeth, Reece and Addison. "You don't belong here. Ρωμαίκή."

Jason stared at him. "What did you just say to me?"

"Maybe you'll understand me better in Latin. Hic noc pertinent, Romane." A hand was placed his chest and Mitchell was pushed backwards slowly. He was met with Reece's eyes. "I don't like you, Jason. And I definitely don't trust you." He said before turning around and standing next to Chiron once again.

Jason sat down, looking embarrassed, but Annabeth put a hand on his shoulder and muttered something reassuring like: "He's just stressed."

Rachel Dare still looked a little shaken. She glanced back at Chiron for guidance, but the centaur stood grim and silent, as if he were watching a play he couldn't interrupt—a tragedy that ended with a lot of people dead onstage.

"Well," Rachel said, trying to regain her composure. "So, yeah, that's the Great Prophecy. We hoped it might not happen for years, but I fear it's starting now. I can't give you proof. It's just a feeling. And like Drew said, some weird stuff is happening. The seven demigods, whoever they are, have not been gathered yet. I get the feeling some are here tonight. Some are not here."

The campers began to stir and mutter, looking at each other nervously, until a drowsy voice in the crowd called out, "I'm here! Oh . . . were you calling roll?"

"Go back to sleep, Clovis," someone yelled, and a lot of people laughed.

"Anyway," Rachel continued, "we don't know what the Great Prophecy means. We don't know what challenge the demigods will face, but since the first Great Prophecy predicted the Titan War, we can guess the second Great Prophecy will predict something at least that bad."