Fine details

Note: Hello. Happy reading!

Comments are encouraged <3

__________

A hangover is a reasonable punishment to receive.

Travis woke up feeling like he got hit by two trucks, a pained groan interrupting the humming quiet of a time that's too early to wake up in. He thought he was doing fine last night, but clearly, his body was just catching up to how much he consumed, unable to process the alcohol on its own. He's awake now.

As much as he doesn't want to, he has to get up.

His throat feels sore and dry, bones aching with every move he made as he stumbled out of the room as quietly as he can without waking up Kayla.

Travis didn't check the time, but soft daylight has flooded the main area, and the smell of greasy bacon already made the short, painful journey to move more worth it. With a protest from his queasy stomach, he carefully climbed down the stairs to see Blake and Ryan maneuvering the kitchen from across him.

Immediately, Travis staggered into the fridge for a glass of water.

"Hey, Travis! You're up early," Ryan commented while he drained the glass like a desperate man in a desert. "I was expecting everyone to sleep in. Tay told us you guys were up until six."

He couldn't really talk back until a second glass. "What time is it?"

"Eight-ten." Too early. Ryan simply stood across the island counter with a coffee mug in hand. "Jesus, you look like that when you're hangover? How is this fair to any of us?" He added with joking exasperation.

"Oh, fuck me. My head fuckin' feels like it's splitting in half." Travis — as much as he wanted to be polite and greet the couple properly — he could only lean over the marble counter with his hands over his head.

"We just got started on breakfast so this might take a bit. Do you want some coffee?" Blake asked in kind while keeping an eye on the bacon with a spatula in hand.

"Yes, please. Thank you." Travis couldn't be more thankful. She's his savior, and he tells her as much.

Blake smiled, asking her husband for a clean mug. "Okay. How do you like your coffee?"

"Plain black sounds great right now."

"Ugh. I think that just broke my heart." Ryan watched in disgust as Travis takes a generous sip with a relieved sigh. "How could you even drink that? It tastes like cigarettes in liquid form."

The football player merely shrugged, another satisfying sip.

"Honey, you're married to a serial black coffee lover." Blake pointed out, glancing at her husband with a raised brow.

"I know. Exactly why I deserve credit for still kissing you in the morning, sweetie." Ryan pecked her cheek lovingly while Blake just rolled her eyes before glancing over to Travis.

"There's nothing wrong with black coffee. Don't let this man child shame you into being a grown adult. At least you don't drink straight diabetes in a cup." She sassily retorted.

Ryan gasped, feigning offense.
"Hey, you're not only insulting your dear husband but also the godmother of our children."

"Well, Taylor's a lot more accepting than you, honey." Blake countered nicely with a peck on the cheek of her own.

But at the mention of the popstar's name, despite the hangover, his head perked up at the married couple harmlessly bantering with each other.

"Wait. Where is she?" He asked, only because he didn't think anyone else who stayed up late would be awake.