Defiance

Note: A shorter chapter. I realize that what made the previous ones longer was definitely the smut. This just proves it lol

I hope this is still interesting. We probably need a bit of break anyway. Call it a small intermission...

Comments are appreciated <3

__________

"What the fuck are you both doing here?!"

Aric and Ross stood from the entryway of the kitchen, eyes bulging wide and going back and forth between the pair with mouths gaping open.

"You gave us spare keys for the house. And it's Tuesday," Aric replied in a clueless tone before shaking himself out of it. "We always hang out on Tuesday, but clearly you have some company."

"I—um, I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to cause any trouble. I'll, uh, I'm so—I'm so sorry." She extracted herself from Travis, head tucked low in visible shame and embarrassment.

"Tay—"

Travis watched with pained eyes as she hurriedly fled the kitchen to head back to their room, leaving him behind with the two jabronis who rudely interrupted their evening.

He sighed and crossed his arms over his chest, glaring. "What the fuck, dude? Why didn't you guys call me?"

The pair of new arrivals shared a look before Aric stepped up to answer. "We did! But you were obviously too busy. What the fuck did we just walk into, man?"

His friend's affronted inquiry seemed to snap the gravity of the situation to him. Because no one else knows, they kept things under wraps and off the radar so they could carve some precious time for each other. But when people find out, they'd be fucked. There's going to be consequences.

There's no denying what they were doing either. Even if his friends hadn't walked in on something more indecent, he can't claim some bullshit excuse just to get out of being interrogated.

Travis looks away guiltily, biting the inside of his cheeks out of nervous habit.

"That's none of your business." He muttered. Because he doesn't want to call it for how people would see it. It's not just a good fuck. It's not some torrid affair. It's not a scandal. It's something more, whether Taylor is here to agree or not.

"Well? But could you at least tell us how long this has been going on? And where's Kayla?" Ross asks this time, looking around as if his fiancée would magically appear somewhere.

"Only a couple days," He sighed, already tired that they were having this conversation when he should be with Taylor right now. "And Kayla's still in L.A... Probably still dress shopping. I don't know."

"Holy shit," Ross is shaking his head at him in disbelief. "This is really happening... I can't believe you had it in you."

Suddenly, Ross throws an arm over his shoulder, shaking him boisterously in jest. His friend has always been more notoriously known for going out with multiple women at once. Travis pushed him off with a frown.

"It doesn't mean I feel good about it."

"Tell that to Taylor Swift and yourself five minutes ago. You looked all over each other, some lovey dovey type shit. You sure you're still marrying Kayla, bro?" Aric retorted, narrowing his gaze back.

Travis tilts his head back, as if to help relieve the impending headache reaching from the back of his skull. "She has to get back on tour in three days. I gotta get ready for camp soon. It was never going to last more than that. We both agreed on it."