All about timing

Note: Next update will be fun to write. For now, happy reading! ;))

Comments are encouraged <3

__________

"Travis Kelce! Hi, Travis!" A girl, not older than twenty hollered at the inconspicuous footballer, jumping up and down together with her two other friends. They were dressed head to toe in something bright and sparkly, cheerful faces bedazzled with purples and glitter. "Do you want a bracelet?"

She shakes her wrist, mostly encased in beaded friendship bracelets with countless references to songs and lyrics. He supposed this is what he gets for entering the stadium through the front doors just like everybody else instead of meeting Pat and his wife on the more discreet and private route to get to the box. But where's the fun in avoiding what appears to be the culture of attending a Taylor Swift concert?

"Sure." He has accepted a couple bracelets already from other mutual Chiefs fans who also recognized him, and even though he doesn't necessarily understand the references, he reads the string of letters anyway. Begin Again. In red and yellow. The color combination a happy coincidence he can't help but smile at. "Thank you."

Travis heads down over to Pat's box without running into more fans as the sold-out show is still filling up by the minute.

"Hey, man!" He taps the quarterback on the shoulder, taking the empty seat next to him two rows behind the glass windows.

"Trav! Thought you weren't gonna show." Pat greeted back, dabbing him up as they both looked over to the view down the field which is currently occupied by a gigantic diamond stage with a long runway.

"And miss this? It's going to be electric!" It's amazing being on the other side of the fence, witnessing the home stadium he plays in get filled up like it's the AFC Championship. Taylor's fans really do go all out for her shows, dressing up and trading bracelets. It's quite similar to Sunday games.

"Didn't know you were a fan." Pat mused with a raised brow.

"Are you kidding me? I have to be here for Blank Space, baby."

"Okay, fanboy." Pat only lightly teases him before his eyes landed on something curious. "Oh? What's in the bag? Please tell me you brought food. I'm fucking starving. I only ate a sandwich for lunch since Brit was getting ready all day."

Travis shakes his head, blushing faintly as he delicately straightened the paper bag from getting wrinkled.

"I'm just returning something that belongs to Taylor."

It definitely doesn't help to be vague with Pat's growing curiosity, trying to take a quick sneak peek inside before Travis snatched the bag away and placed it out of the quarterback's reach.

He just doesn't want to make it a big deal. Because it's not.

"Come on. What is it?"

"Just something she left behind in Hawaii and it's none of your business."

Pat sinks against his chair with crossed arms, knowing the tight end's stubbornness will not get him anywhere.

"You're being very weird. You got a thing for Taylor Swift or what?"

It was thrown to him as a very loose statement with no real conviction. Pat doesn't really think that nor does he have any suspicions. The tight end is getting married for crying out loud!
However, the unexpectedness of the throwaway question catches Travis off guard, renders him speechless. He becomes quiet for too long, leaving room for nothing but for Pat's eyes to visibly widen as Travis watches him change his mind within seconds.