Midnight blue

Note: This is lowkey a lot of dialogue and this update is probably boring. I'm sorry :((

Comments are appreciated <3

__________

Travis has a lot to think about.

This has never happened to him before.

To be attracted so strongly and unmistakably that his body reacted like it has a mind of its own.

He can't put this off anymore. He was already having uncharted thoughts over a candid photo a couple days ago, he shouldn't be moving on from doing the next worst thing and lusting after another woman who isn't his girl.

Carefully, Travis extracted himself out of bed without waking up his fiancée, the rumpled sheets were draped over her naked body from the waist down, the hand studded with a diamond glinting under the moonlight seeping through the window.

He sighed heavily as he pulled his legs to the side, finding all his clothes discarded on the floor and putting them back on with punctured shame and guilt as he left the room.

Kayla had initially caught his attention on instagram, clad in something skintight and skimpy. He liked when women asserted their confidence like that, typically liked those posts when he was bored, but it was when they got to talking when she was still working as a sports journalist, had he given more than a double tap on her profile and a follow.

It wasn't a question whether he was attracted to his fiancée, of course he is. At some point in his life, he loved her enough to make it official between them, loves her to have proposed. They mutually enjoy the physical aspects of their relationship as often as they disagreed on things. That's just what couples do, isn't it?

But what isn't normal is him getting hopelessly captivated by someone else.

That shouldn't be happening in the first place.

What made Taylor so different? What had set her apart so seamlessly from literally every woman he's been with? Does her fame and stardom have to do with it? Was it really just the bikini?

His mind raced with these kinds of thoughts all night. It's the only reason why he's sitting alone by the outdoor terrace, he couldn't bear to be next to his fiancée when he's thinking of someone else.

Even just the thought of those shapely long legs and the gently sway of her hips when she was running around with sand covering her bare feet. She had kept her bikini on.

Fuck. Travis needs to call someone.

At least someone who could help him without judgment. God... Such a person even exists? He's pretty sure Ross would laugh at his face, his guy always expressed that he wasn't the biggest fan of Kayla. So that's an automatic no. It's 6AM in Philly right now and he doesn't want to run the risk of waking his nieces up. And then, Patrick will no doubt rat him out.

Travis goes through his contact list, sulking a little bit as his options grow slimmer. Unbeknownst to him, the very subject of his current state has decided to take a solo dip in the pool below him.

He decided that it would be best to call his dad, he's the wisest guy (when it mattered anyway) he knows and has always insisted that he is free to talk to anytime.

He calls, and as the phone rings, he catches her diving gracefully into the pool with a gentle splash.

"Oh, shit..." He muttered under his breath.
Why is she here?

Taylor is like a nymph, the way she moves in the water. His eyes follow her reach the other end before she resurfaced, both hands running over her head to slick her wet hair back, away from her face.