Prologue

"Miles and his wife are having a get together this weekend." Travis started, knowing Kayla is listening from the other room. 

"Let me guess, you're leaving me here so you could play golf with him and his other boring white friends. Is this you asking me for permission?" Kayla retorted. 

His brows immediately furrowed in disagreement. Miles and his guys were some of the nicest people he has ever met that doesn't deserve the unnecessary snarking, but he patiently holds off his tongue from anything that could somehow turn this into one of their many arguments. 

"No, honey. He's inviting us over to spend a week with them in Hawaii. Something about a couples' vacation." He clarified, knowing her ears would perk up at the mention of the tropical getaway, her head suddenly popping up on the slightly ajar door of his office. 

"You fucking idiot! Why didn't you just say so? You had me at Hawaii!" Without even skipping a beat, she quickly scrambles to her feet with her phone in hand, probably already ready to record herself and make updates about it. 

He sighed deeply before grabbing his own phone to tell Miles that they were coming. 

Miles: Awesome! I'll let Kels know!! She's been all over the place organizing this. Glad you could make it bro. Congrats on the engagement btw. Didn't think page six was serious for a sec. But maybe this could be one of your engagement parties

He's not entirely sure what the point of this getaway is but as a guy who likes to party, he can't really turn down a good one, especially when he's currently off season. As for the gossip outlet, he has no idea how it even got out nor is it a big deal that he's engaged. He kept it on the down low, proposed during dinner at his patio and spoke to his mom and dad about it, told Jason last for certain reasons. 

Trav: Yeah. Maybe. Already told Kayla and she's probably packing her bags right now 

Miles: that excited huh?? I'm sure she'll get along with Taylor. They have that in common lmao

Trav: Taylor? You mean our buddy Taylor is coming with? Remind him to replace two of my golf clubs please

Miles: No not Sinclair. Should've been clearer. My bad. I meant Taylor Swift. Kels said she's the only exception to the couples only rule lol

"Taylor Swift?" He echoed in a whisper. "And she's single?" 

Since when? She's been in this very long relationship with some actor for as long as he could remember.

It hadn't occurred to him at all that she would be there, let alone make the connection of the Tellers being friends with her, even though that is public knowledge by now. It's just, she's too big and too famous to be hanging around a jamoke like him. Suddenly, his mouth goes dry at the thought. He messages Miles about it. 

Trav: Taylor Swift is coming? Who else is in this crazy lineup? Don't tell me Paul McCartney's coming too? 

Miles: Ironically that man is a close friend of Taylor's. But sorry to disappoint, bud. No Beatles. It's just gonna be you and your fiancée, me and Kels, Taylor, Blake and Ryan, Cara and her girlfriend. 

Trav: Insane blunt rotation to have me there lol 

Miles: Dude you're a two-time superbowl champion. Give yourself some credit

Btw. Try not to mention Joe or ask about her relationship. She's not in the best place right now 

He doesn't even know who Joe is. He knows of several Joe's, but probably not who Miles is talking about.