1 - Everhart Ranch

"Don't forget guys we have that movie production coming to the ranch today. They will be her for the next 3 weeks filming. Be nice and help them out if they need anything or ask. They are all from LA, I'm sure they don't know their way around a real ranch." I said to my ranch hands at the morning meeting in the barn. They all gave a small laugh and I smiled.

"Do we know who will be here?" One of the farm hands asked and I shook my head.

"No, they have been pretty quiet on the whole production I just know we got people coming and once they get here, we will all meet them..." I trailed off.

"Do you want us lined up or anything when they get here?" Another worker asked and I shook my head.

"No, I will be taking them around once they get here but I do expect you all at the ranch dinner tonight that is planned" I said, and they all nodded. I looked at the time.

"Alright I have kept y'all long enough, get to work." I said, everyone scattered and went to cover their duties. I walked to the barn and visited the horses like I did every morning before I got going about my day.

"We got some visitors coming today. You going to behave?" I asked the one horse that was my ex-boyfriend's horse that he left here. It had been 5 years since he left, and I had to take care of his horse. He lived here on the ranch with me and bought this horse, only to leave a year later when he got a leading role in a movie and took it. It hadn't seen him since we he decided to stay away from Texas and stay in LA.

I rubbed down the horse's nose and then made sure his and the other horses feed bags were filled and ready to go for the day.

I sighed as I walked out of the barn, usually I didn't mind movie or show crews coming to the ranch to film. Since it was coming up on the anniversary of the ex leaving though it was a little tougher. I would have thought after 5 years we weren't having this issue anymore but here I was still pining over the man who left me.

I was walking back to the main house getting ready to get some release forms ready for the crew and whoever else they brought. I heard some cars pull up outside and I took a deep breath and made sure I looked presentable as I walked outside to greet them. Everyone started piling out of the 3 SUV's they had brought, and they all started looking around.

"Welcome to Everhart Ranch. I'm Kacie Everhart, owner of the ranch." I said walking off the porch.

"Hi Kacie, yes, we have talked on the phone. I'm Damon Jackson." He said I knew he was the producer and director of the film.

"Yes, nice to finally meet you." I said and he smiled.

"The ranch looks even better than the pictures." Damon said and I smiled.

"Thank you." I smiled. "I was hoping it would be all you needed." I said and he nodded.

"Damon, you didn't tell me we would be on Everhart Ranch!" I heard a voice bellow from the opposite side of the one SUV but I didn't need to see his face to know who it was.

He walked out from the side of the car, and he made eye contact with me.

"Kac..." He said, his blue eyes meeting mine even though they were under the brim of a cowboy hat. Scott Eastwood...the one and only.

"Hey Scott..." I said and we both just looked at each other.

"You two know each other?" Damon asked and we both nodded.

"Yeah, we do." I said leaving it at that as did Scott.

"Well good, Scott can help us out around the ranch if its needed." Damon said and I sighed.