15 - If You'll Have Me

**9 Months Later**

I hadn't heard from Scott since he left the ranch and I never expected to. A lot happened in 9 months. We got the property straightened out with the Manchesters and it proved they had forged the paperwork and were trying to steal our land. They had done this to 3 other ranches in the area just using a different excuse every time.

Mikah was my second in command now on the ranch. He was my right hand man but I wouldn't let him take over until he and his wife welcomed their 1st baby. Which they had done 3 months ago.

I was walking back from the barn when Mikah came walking up to me.

"Hey, I was wondering if I could head home early today?" Mikah asked and I sighed but nodded knowing most of the work was done.

"Yeah go home! Be with your wife and baby." I said and Mikah smiled as he headed to his car and I turned around and walked back to the barn. I saw the horses and smiled at them. Carmel and Maple the two horses we got to have together and go riding all the time. I gave them both an apple and rubbed down their noses. Carmel, Scott's horse whinnied at me and I sighed.

"He isn't coming back boy, I'm sorry." I whispered and he turned in his stale and walked away from me. I looked at Maple and rubbed down her nose a little more.

I then noticed the chill in the air so I decided to head inside. Once I got inside I turned on the tv for background noise as I started to make myself some dinner.

"We will have live red carpet coverage from the premiere of Scott Eastwood's new movie." The announcer said and I groaned wanting to turn the tv off but I knew this would be the movie with my ranch and I wanted to see this.

I knew watching him would be torture to myself since I have tried ignoring everything he had done or been in the new since he walked out of my door.

I finished dinner and walked into the living room and sat on the couch. The premiere coverage had just started and I saw him arrive with his co-star. They looked very cuddly, comfortable and coupley together. She was all over him, flirting, giggling and he was kissing her cheek. He had moved on...back to her, guess it wasn't PR anymore.

He stopped to give an interview and I noticed he was wearing the hat he had given me when we were together.

"Scott what are you most proud of about this movie?" The lady asked.

"That it's done and people will get to see it. I'm hoping everyone loves it but this movie meant so much to me and I'm hoping everyone can feel the love we put into it." Scott smiled.

"Now it's rumored you met someone while filming this movie. Can you comment on that?" The lady asked obviously wanting the gossip.

"I ran into an old friend. It was great to catch up." Scott answered and I just dropped my head with a small sigh.

"But reports were she was more than a friend and you two were getting serious."

"She was a friend who meant something special to me. Our lives are very different and paths just wouldn't cross or mingle. We...I could have tried harder but we are both leading our lives and happy." Scott explained. I was surprised he was so open and honest...well honest in his eyes.

"Yeah you may be happy." I mumbled and put my food on the food table. I lost my appetite seeing him happy and answering the question the way he did.

I was supposed to be there with him, we were supposed to be together. Walking the carpet at this premiere, Australia together...even if I couldn't go with him, I could have visited. I should have been with him. Although right now it's seems to be that I'm the only one mourning the loss of our relationship.