Chapter 8

As Kavin looked at her with wide eyes, Purvi lowered her gaze.

"Tumhe kaise pata itna kuchh?" He asked shockingly, his mouth open.

"Kavin kya batau ab aapko, aapki har pasand jaanti hu main" she thought to herself.
"Arey Sir pehle muh toh band kijiye, mene bas guess kiya tha" she said smiling.

Soon the food arrived and they are in peace. As they came out of  the restaurant, Kavin's phone rang.

"Haan Rhea bolo? " he said picking up the call.

Purvi looked at him. He was on the call with her and was standing in the middle of the road. A truck was coming  towards him, with full speed. He was busy in his conversation and he didn't see it coming.

Purvi noticed the truck, just as it  was about to hit Kavin, she ran towards him and pushed him along with herself towards the green bushes. They went rolling down in the bushes, this left them on the top of each other. Purvi was on top of him, Kavin was startled at whatever happened within a split second. His phone broke down and was crushed by the truck. Purvi just looked deep into his eyes.

"I'm sorry mujhe pata hi nahi chala kab truck aa gyi, bluetooth se baat kar raha tha" he said still startled from whatever happened.

Purvi didn't say anything. She just looked at him.
" Purvi...?" He again looked at him questionably.

" Haan? Haan it's okay." she said. "Uthna nhi hain" she chuckled.

Kavin nervously saw the position they were lying in. "Haan. I'm sorry." saying this he got up, helping Purvi also get up.

Purvi looked at his forehead which was bleeding.

"Sir, yeh aapke sar pe?"

"Kya hain mere sar pe?" saying this he touched his forehead. There was blood on this hand.
Purvi looked down near the stones, there was blood on the stone as well. She understood what had happened.

" Sir woh patharr se lag gyi h aapko, kitna khoon nikal raha hain " she said with a worried look in her eyes. Kavin smiled at her concern.

" Kavin sir, chaliye aap car mein first aid hain" she said after holding his hand.
Kavin was feeling dizzy due to his head injury. He took her support, by keeping his one hand in her shoulder and another on her waist.
Purvi gasped at his touch, he unintentionally touched her on her bare waist as she was wearing a lehenga.

They reached the car. Purvi opened the door and helped Kavin settle on the passenger seat. She took out the first aid kit from the dashboard and sat on the driver's seat.

"Sir thoda sa jalega" she said as she dipped the cotton pad in the Dettol and cleaned the blood from it. Then she applied ointment on his injury, and sealed with a bandage.
Kavin just looked at her, he was shocked at her concern towards him, she made him feel comfortable, it was a feeling that was so awkward for him as he didn't find that comfort with anybody else.

"Sir ab aap aaram kijiye, main aapko aapke ghar drop kar deti hu" she said closing the box of the first aid.

"Arey nhi purvi, i can drive...cut by Purvi.

"Nhi sir please aap aaram se bethiye, close your eyes, and take some rest" and she start the engine of the car.

"Okay! main bandra West mein Ashok apartments mein rehta hu" Kavin said while laying his head on the head set of the passenger seat.

She smiled at him, and drove away. Kavin slept within a few seconds, and Purvi stealed glances at him all this while.

"Aap kitne pyaare lag rha hain kv, pichli baar yaad nhi hain kab  aapko aise dekha tha, kitna sukoon hain aapke face pe"  she thought while changing the gear from 2nd to 3rd.

Soon she reached Ashok apartments, she looked at him still sleeping.
"Kavin sir, Sir..." Purvi said softly.
She nervously touched his shoulder to wake him up.

Kavin jerked, and looked at his surroundings.
"Oh God! Main kabse so rha hu..tumne mujhe jagaya kyu nahi purvi " he said yawning.

"Sir aapko itna aaram se sote huye dekha toh Mann nhi kiya uthane ka, aapka Ghar aa gaya hain.." she smiled and pointed towards the building.

"Tum Ghar kaise jaogi ab?" Kavin asked with concern.

"Sir mein bas 2 blocks chhdke Shalini apartments mein hi rehti hu, I'll go. "

"Please aaram se jaana aur mujhe text..." suddenly he remembered that his phone was shattered.

"Umm..purvi can you give me your phone..?" He asked her.

"Yes sir sure" and passed him her phone.

He dialled Rhea's number but it was busy. He looked disheartened.
"Purvi yeh lo tumhara phone" and handed her the phone.

"Sir kya hua? Aap pareshan lag rahe hain.."

"Kuch nhi Purvi..bahut raat ho gayi hain ab tumhe jaana chahiye.."

"Jee sir! Goodnight "

"Goodnight" Kavin said while getting out of the car.
" Rhea ne ek baar mujhse contact krne ki koshish tak nhi ki, jab mere haath se phone gira tha toh truck ki awaz usse aayi hogi, usne ek baar bhi jaane ki koshish nhi ki ki kya hua hain mere saath, kahin main sachh mein galti toh nhi kar rha. Purvi ne anjaan hote huye bhi kitna khyal rkha mera.
He smiled at his own thoughts about Purvi, and wallked towards his apartment.

****
To be continued...
Thank you for reading ❤️