Chapter 9

Next day at the bureau
Everybody was busy in th daily works, updating files, checking criminal databases, and all that crap.

Purvi was engrossed in her work, completing the file on yesterday's bar case. She smiled at remembering her moments with her Kavin sir.

"Khyalon mein itna doobna bhi achha nhi hota" Ishita chirpingly said.

"Goodmorning to you too Ishita" said Purvi smiling.

"Kavin sir ke khyalon mein khoyi thi " she teasingly remarked.

"Arey nhi nhi..suno I've been thinking about everything. Main tumhe aur Dushyant sir ko aaj hi sab kuchh batane ke liye tayar hu"

Ishita eyes gleamed " theek hai ma'am. Aaj hi main aur dushu sir aapke ghr aa jayenge, aap aapka address mujhe bhej dena.."

Purvi nodded her head in yes. And suddenly her eyes went to the door of the bureau that had just opened and a sweet yet manly fragrance was filled in the air. Her eyes landed on Kavin who entered wearing a black tee and white jacket on the top of it.

"Goodmorning sir....ab aapki injury kesi hain?.." Purvi asked taking steps towards him.

"Ab theek hain Purvi!"

"Ohh! That's great! "

"Sir ek min.." she inserted her hand in her pants's pocket and took out a phone.

"Sir...yeh mere paas ek spare phone hain, kal aapka phone Tut gya tha na, so I thought yeh aapko help krega"

Kavin was stunned. He was overwhelmed with her sweetness.
"Thank you Purvi, main jaldi hi Naya phone le lunga and then I'll return it to you"

"Sir ismein sim bhi hain, usmein Aap apne important numbers save kr lijiye"
She smiled at him and went back to her desk.

"Kavin...Kavin..." Rhea ran towards him calling his name.

Purvi and Kavin, both turned back to see her running towards them. She came and hugged Kavin tightly. Kavin was startled.

"Kavu, are you okay?" She asked worriedly.

Kavin nodded his head in a yes.
"I'm sorry. Papa ki tabiyat ek dum se bigad gayi thi, isliye main tumse baat nhi kar paayi"

"Koi baat nhi, main theek hu. Chalo aaj uncle se mil lete hain jaake" Kavin said smiling.
All of them dispersed to do their regular work.

****

At Purvi's house
It was a peaceful evening, echoes of laughter could be heard from Purvi's always empty flat.

"Ab yeh bataiye aap dono coffee lenge ya chai?" Purvi asked getting up from the sofa of her living room.

"Coffee sounds amazing!" Ishita said smiling.

Purvi went in her small kitchen and made three cups of coffee. She came and settled down on the sofa, handing over the coffee to Dushyant and Ishita.

"So miss Purvi, you can start, actually main bahut excited hu sab sunne ke liyee"  Dushyant remarked.

Purvi nodded.
"So it all started almost 5 years ago"

(A/N: the story will now revolve around the past. As our protagonist is narrating her story to Ishita and Dushyant. Please assume that she had narrated the story in one sitting )

Flashback :

The scene starts at the Mumbai highway, where a bus is hi- jacked by a few perpetraters. A car can be seen following the bus.

"Sir yeh bus toh bahut tez speed main chalte hi Jaa Rahi hain, agar aisa hi chalta raha, toh woh culprits hamari pakad se bahr ho jayenge" said a girl who was driving the Innova following the bus.

"Nahi Purvi, chinta mat karo..hamara ek officer bus ke upar pahuch chuka hain" said Abhjit, her senior sitting on the passenger seat.

"Sir but hum sab toh yaha hain, toh whana kaun hain? " asked Freddy.

"Freddy bahut kamal ka officer hain, usse recruit karne ke orders seedhe high command se aaye hain..."

"Sir but naam kya h unka?" Asked Freddy again.

"Kavin... senior Inspector Kavin Khanna..
Kavin, tum sun rahe ho, mere 3 ginte hi enter the bus " Abhijit said via bluetooth.

A guy was standing on the top of the bus, wearing a white tee and a black leather jacket.
"Aapke order ka wait kar rha hu, sir" Kavin said.

"3...2...1....GO!! "

As soon as he heard the word "go", he entered into the bus, kicking two goons on the ground.
He tried to fight with all the goons, but one of them, put a loaded gun on the forehead of a kid.

"Are yaar usse chhd do, bacha hain woh" Kavin said.

"Tum log sab galat kar rahe ho, Cid wale tumhe chhodenge nahi" the driver remarked.
As soon as these words left his mouth, one of the main goon, shot him on his shoulder and the driver opened the door of the bus and fell down from the running bus.

"Ayeee...aur kisiko bus chalani aati hain kya?" The leader of the goons barked.

"Han...haan mene trucks bhi chalayi hain....main chala lunga.." Kavin assured them.

" Koi hoshiyari nahi officer, ek galat kadam aur yeh bachha apni jaan se haath dho dega.."  the goon said laughing evily.

****
To be continued...
Thank you for reading ❤️