[Chapter Ten]: 'We Are Two Sides Of The Same Coin'

"You'll have to excuse me, Hirata, my boy," said Koenji as he did a handstand with his muscular body, which was dripping with sweat, in the Class D boys' lounge. "I'm currently occupied in the pursuit of the perfect body." 

"Unavoidable, I suppose," Hirata nervously smiled before he headed over to where Y/N, Ayanokoji and Yukimura were. 

At the same time, Pluto, Ike and Yamauchi passed by, and the latter said, "Wow, it's huge! I can live in this lounge!" They walked out of earshot, though they seemed to be saying something else.

"Shall we pool what we know so far?" asked Hirata as he sat down on the chair opposite of Y/N's. "The truth is, someone in Class D contacted me to say they were a VIP."

"Really?!" Yukimura exclaimed in surprise. "Who was it?"

"It was..." Hirata started as he took out his phone and showed them his digital notes, which read, 'The VIP is Kushida.' 

"I see," both Y/N and Ayanokoji said at the same time.

"If the VIPs are evenly distributed, there should be one more Class D VIP," Yukimura deduced, and Y/N nodded in agreement. 

"Keeping up this test nonsense for two days more is such a nuisance," Koenji's voice rang as he approached them with a towel over his shoulder and his phone in his hands, which his eyes were fixed on. 

"What is he—" Y/N thought, but stopped when Koenji, pressing something on his phone, said, "A simple quiz to call out a liar." 

"What's that?" Yukimura asked as they heard a notification ring through each of their phones.

To: Y/N L/N

From: Koudo Ikusei Senior High School

Subject: Jupiter Group's Test

Attention, students. 

The Jupiter Group's test has concluded. The Jupiter Group is no longer required to participate in the test.

They will now have free time until all groups' tests are complete.

___________

Koudo Ikusei Senior High School

Special Test Management Centre

___________

"'The Jupiter Group's test has concluded. The Jupiter Group is no longer required to participate in the test'?!" Yukimura exclaimed as he read the email. "D-Did you do this, Koenji?!"

Koenji, walking away, burst into a kind of posh laughter, before saluting them with two fingers as he said, "Adieu! I'm off to work a sweat!"

"Koenji is certainly consistent in giving me reasons to dislike him," Y/N thought, narrowing his eyes at the boy as he walked away.

...

Koenji's guess was going to cost them greatly; a traitor guessing the VIP incorrectly would result in the traitor's class losing 50 class points. And unfortunately for them, Koenji had just done that to Class D, unless by some miracle from the Gods he had been able to guess the right person through sheer luck. Or perhaps... he already knew.

Y/N just let out a sigh as he walked past multiple couples (usually a boy and a girl), making his way past all of them to get to his spot. The special test was ironically, like Koenji had said, a nuisance. He had to not only ensure that he was doing everything correctly, but his classmates were as well, and with the most defective class of them all, doing so was quite tricky. He wished he could do everything on his own, or at least pick a few people like Ayanokoji, but that wasn't possible.