(58) My Little Bunny.

"........," 

I carefully adjusted the pillows around (Y/N) to ensure he was comfortable as I settled beside him on the bed.

He lay in my arms, his breathing steadying, his usual warmth slowly returning.

I couldn’t help but smile through the lingering fear, grateful that he was still here with me.

"How are you feeling?" I asked softly, watching his eyes as they opened fully and focused on me.

— Should I tell him?

He looked up at me with those familiar eyes, a mix of weariness and playful mischief now flickering in them.

— No, he's burdened enough.

"Like I've been hit by a truck," he then replied with a weak chuckle. "But seeing your face makes it all better."

I blinked, caught off guard by his words. 'Truck...?' I thought to myself, the unfamiliar term lingering in my mind. 'What is that?'

Despite my confusion, I decided not to pry into it further.

There were more pressing matters at hand, and I didn’t want to burden him with my curiosity when he was already so weak.

Instead, I offered him a soft smile. "Well, I’m glad my face has that effect on you," I teased gently, brushing a few strands of hair away from his forehead.

"You know, Winter," he said softly, trying to lift the mood. "If I had a golden coin for every time I found myself in a predicament like this, I'd probably have enough to buy my own empire by now."

I chuckled, despite the lingering tension. "Well, I suppose I’d have to work a lot of overtime to keep you out of trouble then."

(Y/N) managed a weak laugh, his fingers tracing absent patterns on the bedsheets. "Speaking of trouble, did you find anything interesting out there while I was... busy?"

I raised an eyebrow, knowing he was trying to distract me from his condition, and for that, I was grateful. "Oh, just the usual chaos and a bouquet of flowers I picked up for you."

His eyes lit up, though his smile remained faint. "For me? How sweet of you. What did I do to deserve this?"

I held out the bouquet, its vibrant colors contrasting with the somber mood. "I thought it might cheer you up. It also reminded me of your eyes,"

Yet, my own were drawn to his face, noticing something was missing. "Your mask... You must have lost it somewhere along the way."

(Y/N) blinked, touching his face as if realizing for the first time that it wasn't there. "Huh, I don't remember taking it off. I was wearing it just a while ago."

"Well, it's gone now," I said, brushing his cheek with my thumb. "But you look even more handsome without it."

With closed eyes, he ran his hand through his hair, a chuckle escaping his lips, his smile growing as he tried to sit up a bit. "You always seem to know how to make me feel better, huh?"

"........," 

╔. ■ .═══════╗

═══════╗