(63) Eaten Alive.

"........," 

𝐘𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲'𝐬 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬.

"........," 

୨⎯ " 3яɒ Ρєяsσи's Ρσv " ⎯୧

"........," 

The place was dimly lit by an eerie, magical glow that cast wave-like shadows on the stone walls, creating the illusion that they were beneath the ocean's surface.

The light wasn’t just a typical lamp; it seemed alive, pulsing gently as if it were breathing in sync with the atmosphere.

Around a round wooden table sat six children, their expressions a mix of concentration and unease.

The scroll Winter had given them lay unfurled in the center of the table, its ancient script filled with symbols and runes they could barely comprehend.

Alissa, seated across from Laon, let out a frustrated sigh, dropping her head into her hands.

"This is hard," She muttered, her voice barely more than a whisper. “I can’t focus... not after everything that happened.”

Laon glanced up, his heart aching for her.

What happened had shaken them all, but Alissa seemed to be struggling the most.

He reached across the table, placing a reassuring hand on her arm. ‟It's okay, Alissa,” He said softly. “We just have to stay focused. But... you can take a break, I won't tell Master. ”

But Alissa shook her head, her gaze distant.

“What... What is even that thing?” She asked, her voice laced with a mix of fear and confusion.

Aiden, who had been quiet up until now, shivered at the mention of the entity.

He clutched his arms, his small frame trembling. “It... it was scary,” He admitted, his voice quivering. “I thought... I thought it was going to eat us...”

The memory of the entity’s presence sent a chill down the spines of the others.

They had all felt his power, his overwhelming darkness.

They had all saw how the mere air seemed to shift at just his presence.

Ryker, who had been silently scribbling down notes from the scroll, his hand steady despite the tension in the room, finally spoke up.

His voice was calm, almost too calm, as if he was trying to reassure himself as much as the others.

"It wasn't just a 'thing,' Alissa," He explained, his eyes narrowing slightly as he chose his words carefully, gaze never leaving his work. "It's a manifestation of His Grace's magic... It's no longer a thing but an Entity. Something—rather, someone—far beyond what we can understand."

The children exchanged uneasy glances, the weight of the situation pressing down on them.

The magical light flickered, casting strange shadows on their faces, making them appear older, more worn than their years should allow.

Alissa looked up, her eyes wide with a new realization.

"So... that can happen to any of us? At any given time?" She asked, her voice trembling. "Since we... well, we have magic, too."

The thought of something like that entity taking over any of them sent a wave of unease through the group.

They all had magic within them, a power that was still growing and evolving.