(65) An Admirer So Dreamy.

“........,”

After a long day, I sat at the wooden desk, a single candle flickering beside me as I opened yet another letter of... those.

The paper felt worn, as if it had been read many times before, but this was the first time it had fallen into my hands.

My fingers trembled ever so slightly, yet I took a deep breath, then began to read, my eyes scanning the elegant handwriting:

Your Grace,

I want to take you in my arms, savor the sweet taste of your lips as I leave you utterly breathless. I want to touch your body and feel every last inch of your beautiful skin. I want to brush my fingers over your ears, your collarbones, and feel your fiery breath against my flesh as you cry and tremble for me. I want to possess all of your joy and pleasure so that your eyes can hold me alone.

Of course, most importantly, I want you.

Yours truly,

Your Admirer.

I blinked at the words, my heart skipping a beat.

'What—What is this..?' I thought, quickly scanning the letter again to ensure I hadn’t misread.

The words were so… intimate.

Too intimate.

I swallowed hard, unsure if I should continue reading.

Was I even allowed to read this?

It felt wrong, yet… I couldn't tear my eyes away from the page.

What kind of s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k mind would craft such a letter?

I set the letter aside and hesitantly picked up the next one.

My fingers fumbled as I caught hold of it, my heart still racing from the last one.

The wax seal had already been broken, so I unfolded the paper and began to read:

Your Grace,

I must apologize to you for I have done something completely inexcusable. Please forgive me.

I furrowed my brow, wondering just what further offense this stranger had committed.

My curiosity grew as I continued reading.

I’d been lurking around your Manor last night. I saw you rush into your home, your delicate fingertips slightly red as evidence of your arduous labors. Your pretty silhouette cast through the balcony window—and with bated breath—I climbed up and watched you collapse onto your bed, silent in repose. Unable to control myself, I pushed open your balcony to gaze upon your sleeping form, my whole body trembling with excitement. I reached out and caressed your cheek, the softness of which made me feel like a drunken fool unable to think. For God’s sake, I didn’t do anything beyond that—as tempting as it was to otherwise—because I didn’t want to disturb your peaceful slumber, let alone harm who I hold so dear.

I froze, my breath catching in my throat.

'Is this real?' I wondered, a chill running down my spine.

"No, no... It can't be," I muttered, shaking my head in disbelief. 'Even here...?'

Who would even write something like this?