Chapter 112

The family members who were waiting outside were worn out as the elderly woman was lying in the intensive care unit, holding on for her final breath.

Luckily, the elderly woman had a strong will, and the physician did everything in his power to save her life.

Her condition was not stable yet, so the family members decided to stay at the hospital.

Ruan Qing's current husband, Mr. Zhao, and her youngest daughter, Yu Xinyan, now known as Zhao Xinyan, didn't spend much time at the hospital.

We could put Mr. Zhao aside, but what about Zhao Xinyan, aka Yu Xinyan?

From birth, she rarely interacted with her grandmother, and she didn't have any feelings for the old woman. So the young girl thought it was unnecessary to stay at the hospital.

However, she couldn't do as she wished, because she was unable to refuse her mother's serious words.

However, soon she found something interesting to stay with. It was the presence of an attractive older brother.

A girl of thirteen or fourteen years old was already capable of appreciating attractiveness, and Zhao Xinyan was not an exception.

She found that Jungkook was very attractive and thought he was even more attractive than TV celebrities.

Claiming that he was a brother she met in her hometown, she sent her friends a photo of Jungkook that she had secretly taken.

"You are really fortunate, Yanyan. When you went back to your hometown, you really ran into this really handsome boy."

"Yanyan, are you familiar with that brother?"

'Yanyan, this brother can become a star!"

She got a lot of envious messages from her friends.

As a result, she made the decision to approach Jungkook.

However, she discovered that Jungkook ignored her.

Whenever she spoke to him, he would either pretend not to hear her or answer her with a word or two.

"Why are you ignoring me?" Zhao Xinyan angrily demanded as she abruptly stopped him from leaving.

Jungkook gave no explanation; he just gave an uninterested glance. All he said was, "Make way."

In defiance, Zhao Xinyan even extended her hands to block his path. "You don't play with me; you play with your sister. This is unfair."

Jungkook turned and walked away, too lazy to argue with her.

"Mom, why is Jungkook so nice to my sister but won't talk to me?" Zhao Xinyan grumbled, stamping her feet in frustration as she hurried back to complain to Ruan Qing.

"Well, Brother Jungkook is your sister's boyfriend, so he treats your sister better," Ruan Qing replied.

"Then I can be his girlfriend!"

"Yanyan, stop talking nonsense." Ruan Qing scolded her younger daughter.

"But... Mom... I'd like to play with Brother Jungkook. Can you tell him to play with me?"

Ruan Qing was taken by Zhao Xinyan's words, and she had to agree because of Zhao Xinyan's nagging.

Ruan Qing spoke to Jungkook in private while Zhao Xinyan was away, saying, "Yanyan is still young. You may have been disturbed by her recent behaviour. I'm sorry."

"Um."

"Xiaoyi, that... Yanyan is just a kid who wants to play with you. Would you perhaps have a little more patience with her?" Ruan Qing spoke cautiously. Because she thought he would get annoyed, she added more. "I'm not asking you to be nice to her, but... she is a young girl who has strong self-esteem. Indeed, if you can simply say a few words to her, she won't bother you in this manner."

"Why should I coax her?"

"This..." Ruan Qing could not speak.

Everyone had always thought of Jungkook as an excellent and thoughtful child. His attitude towards adults and children was one that encouraged comfort.

Therefore, Ruan Qing thought that Jungkook would be able to respond to Zhao Xinyan to some extent, in order to prevent Zhao Xinyan from becoming upset.

However, Jungkook asked such a question without warning.

"Auntie didn't mean anything else." Ultimately, Ruan Qing was at a loss for words and remarked, "Yanyan is Yiyi's sister, after all; she's just a child."

Indifferently, Jungkook reminded her. "She is no longer young; she is almost 14 years old. You might as well raise Zhao Xinyan somewhere else, since Auntie believes she is still a child. When she has no choice but to learn to live on her own, she will naturally become sensible."

Ruan Qing felt like she was struck by lightning. She could understand the hidden meaning in Jungkook's statements.

Seeing that the middle-aged woman was speechless, Jungkook grinned slightly and walked away.

Ruan Qing thought that as this youngster grew older, his anger became more and more aloof.

Ruan Qing, however, had a realisation when she saw Jungkook peeling fruit for Lisa with care, remaining by her grandmother's bedside patiently, and talking with her endlessly.

'Maybe it is because Zhao Xinyan is Lisa's sister that he is so cold. Not even a gentle expression towards her.'

Mr. Zhao comforted his wife after he got to know the situation.

Late at night, when everyone was asleep, Ruan Qing tossed and turned in bed. She tried hard to recall what 14-year-old Lisa looked like, but she couldn't. It was really a funny thing that she had no memory of Lisa's childhood at all.

Even if there was, it was very vague.

Mr. Zhao had to return to the company, so he had to leave early.

Ruan Qing thought to send Zhao Xinyan with Mr. Zhao, but Zhao Xinyan refused and insisted on staying in the name of taking care of her grandmother.

In fact, anyone with a discerning eye knew that she just wanted to play and didn't want to go back.

When Ruan Qing brought it up, Zhao Xinyan pretended not to hear it and kept silent.

Seeing that Ruan Qing became furious because of her youngest daughter, Mr. Zhao coaxed his wife.

"Ah Qing, forget it. Let her stay with you for a while ."

Mr. Zhao said something poignant in her ear before departing, "In truth, I would have taken that child in if you had brought Lisa. After graduation, ask that child... No, forget it. Let's treat her to a meal."

Her spouse did not continue speaking, but Ruan Qing had deduced the second part immediately.

But it was likely that Lisa no longer wanted to live with her.