Chapter 117

The group arrived at the place ten minutes early the following day, and nobody was late.

The clerk asked everyone to put their stuff, including their cell phones, in the lockers after checking the sessions.

Momo's phone screen flashed up just as the locker door closed, but nobody saw it.

The staff escorted them inside, went over the safety procedures outside the escape room's main door, and made sure they hadn't brought any electronics.

"Who among you holds the intercom, and who will be the team leader?" one of the staff members asked.

Lifting a hand, Yan Xi declared, "I, I'll do it!"

After showing her how to operate it, the staff requested that everyone sign and put blindfolds in order to enter the game.

The escape room was completely dark, with not a single light source visible to them. So when Lisa entered the room, she firmly grasped Jungkook's hand.

There would be non-playable characters in the middle as well as random single-line tasks. So participants must protect their companions. Above their heads came the sound of the background story that the system had set. Everyone kept quiet as they paid close attention to the hints. The left and right walls of this small tunnel had opposite clock directions. To advance to the next level, they must determine the correct password in chronological order.

"The time cursor on the wall is a mess, but there are numbers underneath. Maybe we can try to arrange them according to the size of the time. The corresponding numerical sequence is the password!"

The first level was not difficult. Everyone could master the rules and open the door of time and space.

This was when the game began.

There were weird noises, and the room was completely dark. With the help of the electric candlelight, they could only see parts of the room. The setting in the room was arranged in ancient times, and the layout inside looked gloomy.

In addition, NPC demanded that a player should apply makeup while seated in front of a bronze mirror. They were all extremely careful and dared not approach the bronze mirror directly because they were afraid of what might emerge from it. Finally, a brave boy sat over, but the NPC disagreed and suggested that a beautiful girl was required to do that task.

[TL: NPC: A character in a game that cannot be controlled by players is known as a non-player character (NPC) or non-playable character.]

As the team leader, Yan Xi shoulders the heavy responsibility.

That was only one game episode, of course. They had to use their brains to figure out the password if they wanted to pass the level.

The Republic of China era was represented in the third level. They were startled as an NPC in a ghost mask arrived on the road they had to go.

Suddenly Momo was taken away by a NPC, so the rest of the group had to figure out the passwords as well as rescue their friend in the next level.

Jungkook whispered to the girl next to him, hugging her waist after learning one of the requirements for finishing the level: "It turns out that Lili's choice is so interesting."

"This wasn't my choice," Lisa said with a pout.

"Does that require your brother's cooperation?" Jungkook said meaningfully.

Luckily, there wasn't much light around him, so nobody saw Lisa's flushed face. "Brother, are you serious? We are playing a game!" Lisa pinched Jungkook while placing her hand on his waist. 'This is still a horror theme!'