Chapter 6

The Yu family couple had decided to stay for half a month, and it made all the other members happy, especially Lisa. She took her new stationery items, which her mother gave her to school. Seeing the new pencil case, Lisa's deskmate exclaimed, "Lili, this pencil case is so pretty, where did you buy it? I want to buy one too!"

"Mom bought it from another place."

"Okay!"

Lisa's current deskmate was the little girl with the mushroom head back then. Her name was Qiao Lezhi.

"Tomorrow is your , right? But tomorrow is a Saturday, so I'll give the gift today," Qiao Lezhi said after she took a transparent bag from her bag. "I wish you a happy birthday in advance."

"Thank you, Qiao Qiao."

They were in the same class for six years and had a good relationship with Qiao Lezhi. Although it was a small gift, it was very precious to Lisa.

...........................

Jungkook asked Lisa how she planned to celebrate her birthday tomorrow on the way home. "Your parents are back this year, they want to celebrate your birthday, right?"

"Yeah, Mom and Dad also said they would buy me a cake."

"Oh, I don't need to buy it this year."

In previous years, Grandma didn't buy her a birthday cake, saying it would be better to buy chicken, duck meat, and fish to prepare a big meal rather than buying a cake. But all the children expected to eat cake for their birthday, and it was not a birthday if they didn't eat cake. So Jungkook took out his pocket money to buy her a small cake in other years.

Because her parents had promised her a big birthday cake, Lisa was full of joy, and she was eager to share it with many people. "Brother, come to my house tomorrow with Aunt Ning and Uncle to eat cake."

"Ok," Jungkook said while nodding his head.

"No problem! Mom and Dad said that tomorrow they will go to the city to buy food, and we will have dinner at night."

This was the first that her parents would celebrate for her personally in seven years, and Lisa was very happy, so she got up early in the morning the next day.

While having breakfast, she heard her parents discussing what to buy in the city later and her mother saying that they should buy a cake and gifts. Hearing that, Lisa felt she was on cloud nine.

When Yu Kai and Ruan Qing went out, Lisa's younger sister, Yu Xinyan, wanted to go with her parents, so they had to take the clingy little guy with them. Lisa, who had a lot of homework, had to stay at home to do it.

When she was doing homework, her grandma came with an egg and rolled it on her body and said, "Eat this egg, you will be safe and healthy."

Every , Grandma would do this, saying it would bring good luck. Lisa liked this custom of celebrating because it indicated that she had received birthday wishes.

After Grandma went away, Lisa started her work again, and by the time she finished her homework, it was already afternoon. Then she went to the door and looked outside to see whether her parents were coming. 'When will you come back?' She waited there for some time, but they never came back until it was already getting dark.

Then a phone call came. It was her parents. "Mom, Yanyan suddenly fell ill. We are in the hospital. You can take Lisa and finish your meal first. Don't wait for us." This was what her parents on the other end of the phone said to her grandmother.