Vialora

I drive to a parking garage near Stuyvesant Square Park and look at my arm. It is causing me so much pain I can't see straight. After I take off my jacket I check my wounds. I see the bullet went right through my upper left arm. I look for an exit wound and wince as I pick it up. The exit wound goes through my tricep. There is no bone shattered but I am still bleeding. I look around the truck and see a fleece jacket thrown in the back. This was Luca's truck so I can't imagine how dirty this thing might be but I am out of options. While I open the compartment on the passenger side my phone rings and I ignore it. I find a knife and cut up the jacket into strips. I need it to hold me over until I reach my storage unit.

My phone rings again and I turn off the ringer. The only people who have this phone number are a part of the group that wants me dead.

I get out and throw my jacket back on. The cut above my eyebrow is also still bleeding. I need to stitch these up fast. Throwing my hoodie on I head out to the street and walk towards the intersection. I see a homeless guy sitting and waiting for anyone to give him something. I take out $20 and give him the money and the keys.

"There is a black truck in that garage over there," I say and point to the garage. "It's yours until it's not."

I call a cab and get the driver to drop me off in front of the Jacob Javits Convention Center. I make sure the car is gone before walking towards the storage space near the Hudson River. I grab my key and throw open the door. I see the cot I have thrown against the back wall and it's covered in the knives I didn't take. I throw the door back down and move to the left where I keep a box full of medical supplies. I throw the knives to the side and throw the stuff I need on the bed. I take out the needle, thread, and disinfectant and lay them down. Putting a hand towel in my mouth and start stitching up my arm. I take deep breaths and finish up my wounds.

After that, I stitch up my jacket and reload my knives and guns in my hidden compartments. Then moved to the box on the other side of the unit with my fake IDs and passports. I grab the money I have in the safe and start to pack the backpack and duffel bag under my bed. I am not waiting to find out what the Boss has in store for me.

My phone vibrates and I finally look at the screen. 37 missed calls and 82 messages.

Archfiend Boss: Let's talk Ace.

Archfiend Boss: It was a misunderstanding.

Archfiend Boss: Clarence was a liar. Luca was helping him. You know I would never do that. I saved you at 15.

Archfiend Boss: I will forgive you for hurting Zakaiah if you just come talk.

I almost started to believe him but his messages started to get more frantic and deranged as time went on. And the fact that he is pretending to care about his son.

Archfiend Boss: Vialora answer me NOW!

Archfiend Boss: How dare you think so little of me!

Archfiend Boss: This is why you should have kept out of our business. I hired you to clean up after me, not be involved in what I was doing.

The last few texts solidified his character and guilt.

Archfiend Boss: What's a few kids anyway?

Archfiend Boss: I knew I should have sold you back then.

Archfiend Boss: I am giving you until sundown to turn yourself in. Or end it yourself. If not we will find you. You may be good but my men are better. And I have a lot of them."

"Yeah, that's what Luca and Clarence thought too. Now they're dead." I say and throw the phone on the bed.

I finish packing and my phone vibrates like I'm getting a call. I look at the caller ID and freeze.