Chapter 16--- Approval Test I

Chapter 16_____>>>>>>>>

Approval Test I

**AFTER A WEEK**

    The week ran by so fast with Hazbullah regaining full health.

    Bintu always checks on him daily to apply herbs to him.

    Their relationship has been like that of cat and dog so far with Bintu finding every excuse to expose him into speaking but to no avail.

   Hazbullah has been far engrossed in his world thinking of how to go back to the city but nothing came to his head.

     He was never even allowed to step outside since Audu had his eyes on him.

     The day has come for Hazbullah to finally join the wrestling squad.

    Tanimu grinned from ear to ear as he ate breakfast.

     He could not wait to watch Hazbullah's ass been beaten up by Hanke today.

     The whole family were eating together on the mat as usual.

    "I'll go to the room to get my kit" Bintu said standing up and hitting Hazbullah unintentionally.

    She did not care to turn and apologize walking into her room while the man throw daggers at her with his gaze.

    They soon all finished eating as they bid farewell to Ramlatu exiting the house.

    The walk to the squad was a quiet one with Hazbullah who was looking around the village curiously.

    He had never set his feet outside since when he came.

    Barewa Squad came into view as they walked inside.

    The wrestlers were already seated surrounding a particular field awaiting the mysterious guy's arrival.

    All eyes turned towards Hazbullah as they entered inside.

    The arena was filled with even non members as all came to watch another arrival test occur.

    Murmurs starting sounding from the squad immediately they saw him.

    Hazbullah kept a stern face acting nonchalant.

    He was not feeling intimidated at all by the crowd.

    This is not the first time he had seen many people. He was a boxer after all and was used to this type of attention.

     They all stood up as a sigh of respect to the Squad leader before sitting back down.

    Audu guided Hazbullah towards the center of the field before facing the crowd.

     "We've all come here to witness another approval test, however this one is a unique one because the contestant here is a dead wrestler" Audu said and if the crowd could go any louder they did.

    The murmurs grew louder now as they stared at Hazbullah.

    "Here's to the Barewa squad first deaf wrestler!!!" Audu exclaimed making the crowd erupt in cheers.

    People were too curious to know what happens next, after all It had been so long since a new member was taken in.

    Hazbullah who knew what this was all about stared at the people with a boring expression.
Someone came into the field dressed up appropriately unlike Hazbullah who was just in a short baggy trousers and topless.

    He had removed his top a while ago to wrestle.

    The man who entered stood before Hazbullah his mouth full of water before spraying the water over Hazbullah with his mouth.

    Hazbullah grossed by the action pushed the man aside wiping the water on his face.

    Hanke soon joined the field and the same man spray water on him using his mouth as a sprayer.

    The whole crowd cheered "Hanke hanke" as he emerged.

    A man stood in between them bringing them both closer before making a whistling sound with his mouth indicating the beginning of the game.

    Non-members are usually prohibited from entering the arena but considering the event everyone was permitted.

    Bintu sat down near her father eagerly waiting to see what will happen.

    Tanimu whose gaze was also fixed to the field was seated amongst the crowd.

    The wrestling started with Hanke making the first move which was a punch to which Hazbullah dodged easily.

    Hazbullah stared at the man giving him the look that says 'try harder'.

    Hazbullah could not lie he was enjoying the event.

    It had been so long that he missed boxing.

    Although, he knew that Boxing and wrestling are two different sports on their own yet still similar.

    The only thing that matters to him is that they both involve blood shedding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Creation is hard!
Total word count—693words.