5. Rolling Up The Welcome Mat.

Jon's POV:

It has been months since mine and Kelsea's first time meeting one another at the CMA Awards. Over the past 5 months, it's been pretty hectic to hang out more than we usually do because of touring and studio time. It's been a good week or so since either of us have spoke and honestly? It's a bit concerning, but I'm also not trying to aggravate her as all my other messages have fell flat and being left on delivered.

I'd be lying if I said it didn't hurt a bit seeing the back to back messages I've sent not be responded to or at the very least, acknowledged. Maybe it's nothing, I'm just going to try not to think much about it. It's something silly anyway.

To keep my mind off of the ghosting situation, I had decided to write my feelings down on a piece of paper. My feelings for Kelsea, to be exact. I know it makes me seem crazy for falling slowly in love with her the past 5 months, but she is so funny, lovely, kind, genuine, and understanding. It's hard to find a girl like that in this day and age. While grabbing a pen and notebook, I began to jot down the words I long to say to my crush.

{the letter he wrote! ⬇️}

Dear Kelsea, I know this is a strange way of communicating nowadays since there's text messaging, Skype, FaceTime, etc. but the best way for me to write anything is on an old fashioned piece of lined paper and pen. I am so grateful to have a caring, supportive friend like you, you're incredible and I'm excited to see where our friendship goes from here. I genuinely have found myself falling for you... Keep being wonderful, thank you for being there for me.
- From Jon.

After putting the pen away and rereading the letter a few times, I sighed and folded it a few times until it was a block of paper. If I owned envelopes, I'd put it in there. Come to think of it, I may have some somewhere, I'll just have to go searching for them... Which won't be a fun experience, haha.

I rummaged through some drawers and lo and behold, the box was in the drawer of my desk. Ha, I didn't think it'd be that easy!

So after grabbing one of the thin envelopes from the box, I straightened out the piece of paper to the best of my abilities; though there were still wrinkles in the paper, I was able to fold it regularly to fit it into the envelope.

I'm a bit nervous to give her the letter; I may just keep it to myself for a while until I know for sure that everything's okay between me and Kelsea. She has been distant lately and honestly? It definitely could be mental health related; we both bonded over the fact that our anxiety and depression isn't what makes us the person we are. At the end of the day, there's hurdles we go through and all you can do is get back up, dust yourself off, and try again.

I placed the sealed envelope on the desk, sighing softly to myself before my phone rang. Someone was calling me and my mind was racing! If it's Kels, I may cry. If it's not, then I'll still cry, ha. Kidding, but I'm just going to let God control all of this and whatever happens, happens. 

I answered the phone and the voice on the other end of the line was unknown, but it was under Kelsea's number. Hmm, don't overthink it, Jon. Don't overthink it!

"Hello, this is Jon. How may I help you?" I questioned, awaiting for the unknown caller to answer.

"Hey! This is Chase, I was just calling to see who had been calling and texting my girlfriend... Who are you?" He asked right back, my heart soon beginning to race after listening to his words.

"Oh! Umm, I'm Jon Langston, a musician.. Me and Kelsea m-met at an awards show some odd months ago; we're friends, nothing crazy.." I murmured as my whole body started to shake from all the nerves that were coming through every part of me.