The Real Betrayal?

"I think I know who the culprit is," she told her, "I'll tell you later, I have a hand to heal."

"Really? Alright then, I'll tell Mat about this." Ruby nodded, hastened to Professor Levi's office. Her fingers digging gently into her skin near her palms as she tries to distract herself from the pain, she walked briskly, her eyes fixed on the door ahead. The subtle self-inflicted pressure on her skin was a coping mechanism, a brief respite from the discomfort that had been plaguing her. This time, she knocked with her knuckles.

"Enter."

She pushed her door and greeted, "good afternoon."

"Have a seat and put both palms out, don't waste my time."

She reached her palms out, facing upwards as she patiently waited for him. He was moving his fingers deftly, counting the rows of potion-filled bottles on the shelf. He selected one, returned to his desk and sat down. His eyes focused on the burn palm of Ruby's. with a gentle touch, he poured a small amount of liquid onto his own hands, rubbing it in before carefully applying it to Ruby's hand, spreading it evenly across her skin.

"Professor, what's this?" asked Ruby concerned.

"A liquid that helps recover your skin when in contact with that creature yesterday," he answered.

"Why didn't you apply it yesterday?"

"It was before I knew the incident today." He continued concentrating, his voice annoyed as always. Ruby leaned back against the chair, waiting for this to end. The liquid did help, in a short time, her skin recovered, and it did not hurt anymore.

"Thank you, professor," she thanked, lifting herself up and towards the door. He didn't answer, obviously with that attitude of his. Ridikus and Matthew were already waiting outside the office.

"Okay, this may sound stupid, but I have a strong feeling that the culprit is Leon," Ruby told them, making Ridikus cock an eyebrow at her, "I'm serious! Remember that time you mentioned the colours yellow and red? Leon has yellow hair and red eyes. Also, I overheard a conversation between Malson and Professor William, she said that the culprit was quiet. Now I get it! Why was Destin so afraid of him though? It's as if she knows but she doesn't. Just now when the professors talked about the culprit, she was nervous and fearful, I could tell."

"We need to tell Professor Malson instantly!" said Matthew.

"It's best for me to tell you everything first. There is much evidence that can prove my point as he walked out of the room with Void in it. He was aware and told me not to enter, afraid to get caught by me. Also, he was really quiet and silent. He did not try and back me up when I was getting accused when he was the one that knew what happened. It is him! It must be him! I can't believe I thought it was Destin herself that did this."

"We don't have much time right now, let's go!" Ridikus told them. Matthew grabbed onto Ruby's wrist and ridikus's arm, pulling them to the headmaster's office. They knocked on the door until they were told to enter.

"Profes- I mean Malson," said Ruby, "we have important news that you must hear."

They walked towards her desk as Professor Malson neatly gather the scattered papers, aligning them with precision, and set the organised stack aside.

"What is it?" She asked.

"The culprit." Ridikus answered. Her curiosity piqued, she raised an eyebrow and leaned forward, her eyes fixed intently on the subject. She supported her head with her hands, her elbows on the table and her gaze engaged with an air of fascination, as if eager to absorb every detail.

"Well, I'm listening."

"It's Leon, Leon Kan the boy with yellow hair and red eyes." Ruby told her.

"How do you know about this?"