Jealous, Jealous Girl

"I- I'm ter- terribly sorry." Apologised Ruby in disbelief, urgently grasping for the books as the rest slides off, causing more problems to the mess. She growled, narrowing her eyes as she bite her lips so hard it could bleed.

"Don't worry." Spoke Ridikus, who was helping to pick the books up. "I suppose you're urgent to find your boyfriend?"

"Not a time to joke! He isn't my boyfriend for your information!" Ruby swiftly lowered the books by the window. It wasn't long before she quickens her footsteps trying to flee the scene and towards the other side of the garden.

"You should've seen the look of her face!" An unfamiliar voice was heard by Ruby, causing her to hide behind a tree, peeking through the edge.

"You're funny, I like your sense of humour." Matthew, for the first time, she heard him laughing. "Right, back to work. Will you need help with your end of year examination? I actually have free time these few weeks to help you out."

"Really?" Screeched the snowy-haired girl, her voice cracked as she talks. "Obviously! At least we can finally have some more time together!"

"Tsk..." Ruby gritted her teeth, clenching her jaw as she scrunched up her face in disgust because she didn't like the tone that girl talked to him. She heard them laughing, Matthew seemed... happier with that girl than Ruby. Her eyes softened as she hesitated for a moment, a hard choice.

"I cant let her get near him." She muttered under her breath, thinking of, perhaps, humiliating her? As the two went their separate ways, Ruby caught up with the other girl, grasping her shoulder before she could get any further.

"Hey! Haven't seen you around before," chuckled Ruby, forcing a warm and gentle smile, "Ruby, Ruby Mallory. Your name?"

"Oh, hey there! I'm Zoey, Zoey Turner... your name sounds familiar?" Zoey spoke.

"Zoey... erm... right! I saved Questalyia."

"No wonder! I always hear your name whenever I pass by someone. Ive got to go study soon, see you!" However, before she could leave, Ruby stopped her.

"Matthew... with Matthew right?"

"How'd you know?"

"Oh, he's my friend, a good friend. I assumed it was him since I've heard him mention your name." Lied Ruby, grinning, which made Zoey suspicious, but she really didn't care much.

"Ive got to head off, goodbye Ruby."

"Right, bye."

It was an awkward silence as Zoey tries to flee, leaving in slight discomfort. Ruby kept her gaze on her, eyes narrowing a lot more as she gets further.

"I'm so glad you could make it!" Matthew's voice caught Ruby's attention as she sharply turned to the directly, keeping her movements steady, sneaking behind a bookshelf.

"Why wouldn't i?" Asked Zoey, who was sitting closely, incredibly close to Matthew. As time pass, Zoey had gotten nearer, shifting her position towards him that Ruby pushed the bookshelf in frustration, the books on the higher shelves collapsed down and onto the both of them.

"Ah-!" Zoey's scream was muffled by the books, but it slowly turned into laughters, "Ah haha!" matthew emerged from the pile of books, grasping her out from underneath the books. Clenching her fist, she pressed her forehead against the stone wall. As her frustration and jealousy grew, the bookshelf tumble onto them, Zoey was eventually knocked out.

"O- oh." Ruby stuttered softly to herself. She turned onto her heels and swiftly made an exit before things got worst. Getting nearer towards the door, she couldn't help but turn back to take a final glance.

*short chapter, terribly sorry. SECRETS Behind The Discoveries Of Betrayals Draft Two will be continued. Leave some suggestions please if you wish.*