What Is Happening?

"I just want peace, please kill me." Ruby said, tears trickling down her cheeks. She covered her face with her hands, unwilling to see the light to her death.

"Very well then." A light blasted through the forest, even the professors were unwilling to watch. Ruby felt her body collapse onto the grass, her soul still in the forest. She was alone, the professors were all gone, nowhere to be seen. Am I imagining things? She turned to look once more, but notices a brilliant light fading in. It was blue, like her mother's necklace. Oh, my Questalyia? It's her mother, it really is.

"Mom!" Ruby cried, her soul flying towards her mothers'.

"It is a pleasure to meet you again. Gosh it feels so nice to be able to talk than be mute. You're not dead, but I am. You have bravery, my girl is so brave saving everyone. I love you."

"I do too, I love you. What do you mean when you said that I'm not dead?"

"You're Ruby."

"My name is Ruby, obviously?"

"No, I mean you're a Ruby, a crystal holding the element of it."

"I'm... not a human like others?"

"Yes. I wanted to tell you that, but I've died before I could. I should've told you the truth."

"No, it isn't your fault. Well, does this mean I'm going to just get my body back?"

"Yes. I'm unsure with what will happen to your appearance but hopefully you're alive. I can't stand seeing my girl unalive."

"Where's everyone else?"

"They'll be here, waiting for you."

"Mom, promise me you'll always stay with me."

"Always."

Ruby's soul began to dissolve away, the light filling the air and back into her body. The colour of her hair and eyes began to get washed off. Upon seeing this, it shocked the professors.

"Ruby, I knew you'd be back." Professor Malson kneeled down in front of her as she jolted up.

"Are you feeling hurt still?" The professors asked.

"Not really, I think I'm free."

"Let's get back into Questalyia before Void appears, it can be dangerous if she tried to possess one of us." Professor Avery told them.

"Professor, why and how am I alive?" Ask ruby, walking with them.

"It's best not to tell you. After all, it would be dangerous, wouldn't it?" Chuckled Malson.

"Right."

Back at the Questalyia grounds, the students were curious, some were sobbing at the death of Ruby. When they saw her, they were silent. How was she alive? I thought she died? Before she could react, of course Ridikus ran up and wrapped her hands around her tightly.

"That was truly brave, but don't live me here to watch you go in and never come back out again!" Cried Ridikus, she was almost bursting out into tears. Ruby's hard melted, she really felt guilt-ridden after treating Ridikus like that, well not her, it was void.

"I'm sorry about just now. I wasn't able to control what I say or do." Apologised Ruby.

"What are you apologising for? I don't even care! At least you're here, that's what matters. We're friends after all aren't we?"

"Always."

When they reached their dormitories, they waved at each other, going through in their separate ways. It's a long day, isn't it? Ruby collapsed onto bed in her uniform, her eyelids could barely stay opened. Everything faded black, it was so late already. She drifted off to sleep.

"I wouldn't love you. What are you talking about? Your disgusting, you're useless and I can't even think of a guy that actually likes you!" Yelled Matthew, storming out of the Hall.          "Matthew? How do you know about this?" A vibrant pink haired lady with her hair in the beam of light asked before he couldn't step out.

           "You're pathetic you know Ruby? Nobody likes you, I lied." 

           "Why are you saying this to me? What in the world have I ever done to you?"

          "Please help me, I'm scared." Matthew's appearance began shifting into what look like Kate's'.

          "No, please don't do it. I can help you."

          "This is the last time, I'll never have to be in this forced world. I was born to die!" She cried out, her voice trembling in fear and relief. "I fear pain." Kate was grief stricken. Everyone turned into a black figure, a shadow. One of them staggered, collapsing while screaming in pain on the top of her lungs. The other was sulking and sobbing in terror, her words became whimpers, it was too much. Ruby stood there, watching the two souls experience hell, she couldn't communicate with them.

          "I'm sorry, I couldn't help you." She let out a whisper, jolting upright from bed to meet the familiar room of her dormitory. She was breathing intensely, her chest rising and falling. Why caused her to have such nightmare? She was on the edge of her bed; this nightmare left her an unnamable emotion. She ends up struggling to maintain her composure, shedding tears with her lips shivering when trying to process all this. She leaned back on her elbows, only was there a rustling sound of the blanket. Rubbing her eyes to make sure this wasn't another dream or nightmare, she sighed shakily, hugging her knees to her chest.

"Why am I so useless?" She clenched onto the bed sheet, it's bizarre how everything moves so quickly.

"Void is gone, I solemnly swear she was. Why would Kate do that, what happened to Matthew?" She stayed still as a rock, soaking her knee until she ran out of tears just as the faint morning light emerges from the flaming-hot sunrise.