11

The next day, Wei sat in his cabin completely tensed as he clutched his resignation letter. After a drunken night he woke up the next day with determination to write a resignation letter with bold letters. Now he is having second thoughts if he should really submit this letter. As he was contemplating on what to do, a rapt knock disturbed his train of thoughts. He asked the person to come in and was shocked to see Muchen walking in.

Wei's mind - isn't he the presidents lover? What is he doing in my office?

"Excuse me but....are you Shen Wei?"

"Yes, I am. How may I help you?"

Muchen's mind - he looks cute even when he is sober. Yunlan that bastard....I didn't know that this was the honey jar he was keeping all to himself.

Wei's mind - What the? Did he come here to keep me in check as the CEO's boyfriend? Why does everyone think that they can turn me into a punching bag?

"I am just here to have a word with you. You can lower your guard" Muchen looks around the cabin and nods with approval. "Hmm....He gave you a really good room. He must be really interested in you" then Muchen's eyes fell on the resignation letter on the table. "Is that the resignation letter? Are you quitting?"

Wei immediately hides the resignation letter "I'm sorry but the CEO's room is on the 17th floor. If you don't have any business with me please be on your way"

Muchen smirks "Ohh...he seems to be really wary of me. I think I have a hint on what's going on"

"I do have some business with you. I will cut to the chase then. Did you perhaps see the photo I shared in Weibo?"

Wei crumbles the letter in his hand when the photo was mentioned. Seeing Wei's reaction amused Muchen. He starts laughing. "My dinner date...that was the caption. Guess you really saw the picture."

"And what about it?"

"Ah no wonder. I did think you were being a little too hostile towards me. I just wanted to tell you that Yunlan and I have been friends for more than 30 years. In other words we are....cousins."

"Cousin's? You are not a couple?" Wei questions surprised.

"Ewww....please don't say stuff that will make me want to throw up. I just happen to enjoy teasing that guy. And there is no way in hell that I would ever date someone as obstinate as him."

Suddenly out of nowhere a bright smile appears on Wei's face as he hears the information from Muchen.  "Well...I guess he really is a little stubborn, isn't he? But it's alright. I'm used to it. I see you are cousins.  Are you both the same age? Hehehe" Wei could not stop the giggles at all. He was too much happy man.

Muchen - "Uh...it's obvious you like yunlan. Of course more than I thought. Annoying"

Muchen acts cheerful in presence of Wei "That's a secret. I am not goin to tell you"

"Why?"

"It's lot more interesting to share those details after spending some time together. It's been a while since I have met someone as interesting as you. I would love to have a conversation with you over dinner. How about having dinner with me after work? You can choose whichever place you like."