20

After Shen families banishment, the whole family was divided. Some of their young male family members were sold as slaves and young womens were sold to brothels. The old people died due to starvation and abuse by bandits. Wei's father was killed by some assassin and in their whole family only Wei and his brother survived and went into hiding. In the midst of such a situation, a life that could not receive blessings was breathing softly.

Wei and his brother were hiding inside a forest in a make shift hut. Wei was lying on a cot and stroking his stomach.

"My baby, you are missing your father, aren't you? I too miss your father...I miss him so much"

Wei leans his head back on the wall and closes his eyes, reminiscing the time he and Yunlan spent together.

Just then the door opened and Wei's brother returned home in the evening after gathering some food from the forest.

"Gege....there are dirt on your clothes. What happened?"

Wei's brother shakes his head as he removes the stained shirt "It's nothing.. I just fell down from a tree when I was gathering fruits for dinner. How are you feeling? Do you feel uncomfortable anywhere?"

"It's not uncomfortable at all...I just want to see his Highness" Wei smiled sadly at his brother.

"I understand you...but if I make a hasty move, you and your child will be at risk. You and your child must be completely concealed. If they get wind about your pregnancy....they will be merciless towards you, Wei"

"Yes, Gege!"

Just then a loud thud sounded right outside their door. Wei's brother was immediately alert and he slowly crept opened the door. He knew someone had got wind about this place and sent an assassin to kill them. He immediately grabs hold of Wei's hand and runs out the door.

"Stay close to me, Wei. They are here!! Be alert"

Someone zoomed past their side and pulled a knife, before they could slash he was tackled to the ground by Wei's brother and got killed. Wei was surprised that he was not able to sense the person next to him at all. Then he realised, his senses have dulled because of his pregnancy and due to this he was a open target.

Wei and his brother barely miss the target and again escape from the assassin. Wei and his brother decide to start a rebellion with the remaining family members who were scattered before. They all gathered together and decided to break into the officials house and kill him. Wei's brother sent the news about rebellion through a spy and asked it to be sent to a trusted person.

At the palace

Yunlan receives a letter from his trusted man who informs about Shen families rebellion. Yunlan also wanted to participate in this but he needed to be discreet so that he won't be branded with treason. So he decided to help them internally by providing them with an escape plan if they ever got caught.

Just then, Yunlan received another urgent letter from his cousin.

----

To the crown prince, Your Highness..I just got the news from one of my spy and rushed to tell you. To prove Shen Wei's innocence they are going to attack the ministers residence on ***. Looks like, the minister got aware of this attack and has set a trap to capture and kill all the Shen family. Also, in the midst of this confusion, he sent his own men to kill the King and then put the blame on the Shen family.