Chapter 10 - Mother Earth

"Whatever comes to you. It is the way."

"Oh, my god." You start to breathe faster.

"What?" He looks down at you, still not having moved from the position you're in.

"When my mom finds out that this whole thing is a sham she's gonna.. she's gonna be crushed, and my grandmothers gonna die." You ramble, panicking.

"Your mom's not gonna find out." he tries to reassure you.

"I.. and my father! What the hell was that?" You whisper shout pointing at the door. "The whole wedding thing? Where did that come from?"

"She probably got him worked up into it. It's fine. She's not gonna find out." He tries to tell you but you groan, leaning forward and bury your head in your hands.

"Oh! Garrett!" Your voice comes out muffled from your hands.

"They're not going to find out. Yn, they're not gonna find out, okay? Just relax." He says leaning closer to you starts to stroke your back to soothe you. "It's gonna be okay. It's not like we're gonna be married forever.. We'll be happily divorced before you know it.." He notes the way he didn't like saying that.

He continues to stroke your back and shoulders, while leaning into you he hugs you from behind.

"It will be fine. You okay?" He asks you.

You turn your head slightly toward him.

"Yeah." You whisper, feeling better at his way of soothing your panic. He then realises his position and straightens up, then gets out of bed.

"Get some coffee."

"Yeah." You say taking a deep breath as you note the way you felt cold and empty when his touch left your side.

"So, would you like a cinnamon soy latte?" He jokes, going for the food tray.

"A-ha." You point to your nose and then him, with a small chuckle.

You look at him when he concentrates on pouring the coffee in a cup for you. He stand there in only his boxers, looking like he feels less insecure about his body in your presence, making you smile slightly to yourself. Also taking the opportunity to check him out, then you clear your throat and look away.

"You're right, you know.. Get a quickie divorce, we'll be fine." You say looking out the window, frowning at the feeling that you didn't love saying that.

"Absolutely." He mumbles.

"It's gonna be fine." You reassure yourself.

"Everything is going to be great." He mumbles, picking up the cup and plate with the cinnamon rolls.

"But this little Mrs better learn how to cook, so she can take care of her husband." You joke as you take the plate with the cinnamon rolls. "Keep my man happy. I don't want him leaving me for another woman." You both chuckle as he sits down on the bed.

"Pretty sure I'm the one that needs to worry about that." He says, holding out the coffee cup for you.

"I haven't left you yet, Garrett." You say chuckling and try to take the cup but he doesn't let go. "I got it. Let go." You tell him and he does, he just looks at you. "You alright?"