Chapter 14 - Interview

"You can tell by the way she drinks her soda pop that she's a good dancer."
-

"When did you first start to date?"

"Last week." Garrett answers him, now sitting alone in a room being questioned by Gilbertson.

"That going well?"

"So far it's great. Thank you."

...

"What kind of deodorant does Garrett use?" Gilbertson asks, now you the one sitting alone in the room being questioned.

"Men's Speed Stick?" You guess.

"What flavour? Musk? Alpine?"

You raise an eyebrow. "Flavour?"

...

"I liked him from the beginning." Joe says and Grace gives him an incredulous look.

...

"Was it love at first sight?"

You inhale deeply. "No."

...

"What side of the bed does Yn sleep on?"

"On the right." Garrett answers.

"What side of the bed do you sleep on?" He asks. Garrett just looks at him, frowning confused.

...

"We don't use the word 'Garrett' around Kevin. He still hasn't warmed upon to him." Gammy tells Gilbertson, then turn to the dog. "Garrett." She says and the dog barks. "Garrett." She says again and the dog barks again. "See? It's the damnedest thing."

...

"Are you a good driver?"

"Oh, excellent driver. Excellent." Garrett answers.

...

"Is Garrett a good driver?"

You show with your hands how he drives, illustrating a crash, and making sounds of someone supposedly screaming and sirens.

...

"I have never farted in front of her." Garrett tells him. "Nor will I ever fart in front of her."

...

"He farts in his sleep." You say.

...

"Would you consider Yn a good dancer?"

"You can tell by the way she drinks her soda pop that she's a good dancer." Ramone tells him.

"Uh, huh. How is the soda pop relevant to the dancing?"

"Huh? I don't understand."

...

"Honey, sweetheart, darling and, uh.. Yn." He answers.

...

"I call him babe or baby, honey, Pumpkin, Muffin." You list up. "Handsome, Hot stuff, Snuggles, Lover boy.."

...

Garrett fiddles with his fingers on the table. "When you say, uh, you know, the position in our relationship.."

"Top or bottom?" Gilbertson clarifies his question and Garrett swallows nervously.

...

You smirk.

...

Garrett lets out an exasperated breath and pinches the bridge of his nose. "What relevance has a ball in a net or a Fruit Roll-Up or a Pop-Tart to do with my relationship with Yn?"

...

"You're asking me what?" You frown.

"You took an oath when you walked into this room."

"I didn't take an oath. When did I take an oath?" You ask, confused.

"Laura should've done that, but she didn't. That's okay."

"Who's Laura?"

"She's the girl behind you. Don't look around." He says. You look around, finding no one else than the two of you in the room.

...

"I'm sorry?"

"She knew your favourite colour." He tells Garrett.

"Pink?" He guesses.

"Wrong."

"Red?"

"No."

"Dark, uh.. maybe like a hunter green?"

"No. White." He says and Garrett's eyebrows fly up.

"White?" He asks incredulously.

"Okay, moving on."

...

"Favourite colour is blue."

"What's his favourite colour when he's not at home?"

You just look at him for a moment with your mouth slightly open. "I don't know." You answer monotonously.

...

"Final answer?"

"I, uh.. Yeah.. final answer." Garrett sighs and rubs his forehead.

...

"Is this a game show? I don't understand what.." You say looking around for a camera or something.

...

"Who are you engaged to?"

"Yn." He sighs dreamily with a smile.

"Very good. Got one right." Gilbertson says and his smiles fade.

...

"Who are you engaged to?"

"I'm engaged to Garrett Tate."

"And on the wedding day, who will be next to you?"

"I'm going to marry Garrett Tate!" You exclaim.

-