Chapter 22

Sahil discovers that his father has paid the hospital bill, which only deepens his anger. But for Vanya's sake, he suppresses his fury and heads toward her room.

In the room, Vanya is surrounded by Rachit and Aku, chatting away. As Sahil enters, they all turn their attention to him.

Rachit: (teasingly) "Oh, you finally made it, bro! Look, your Vanya is doing just fine now. And do you know what? This guy’s gone crazy over you, Vanya. He hasn’t eaten or drunk anything since last night... still wearing those blood-stained clothes!"

Sahil: (trying to sound stern) "You zip it. I’m fine. And did you call the teacher to inform them we’re at the hospital?"

Rachit: (grinning) "Yeah, I called. By the way, here’s a change of clothes for you. I brought them from the hotel."

Sahil: (mocking gratitude) "Thanks, bro! What would I do without you? You’re my savior!"

Rachit: (dramatically) "You’d end up exactly where the Rachit-fate would have led you. Come on, give me some applause!"

Sahil: (laughing) "Get lost, drama king. Hand them over, I’ll be back after changing."

Vanya, who has been quietly observing the banter between Sahil and Rachit, can’t help but giggle.

Sahil: (turning to Vanya) "Oh, and what’s so funny, Miss Bak bak?"

Vanya: (teasingly) "Oh, do I need your permission to laugh now?"

Sahil: "Of course! You’re my servant now. You’ll stand when I say stand, and sit when I say sit!"

Vanya: (pretending to be offended) "No way! I’m not your servant. Shut up!"

Sahil: (playfully) "You are, I said it, so you are!"

Vanya: "I’m not, I said it, so I’m not!"

Aku steps in, trying to stop the playful argument.

Aku: "Stop it, you two! You’re bickering like kids here."

Vanya: (complaining) "Aku, tell this Akadu to stop bothering me. He’s always teasing me!"

Sahil: "Oh, come on! You’re the one who’s always getting into trouble, tripping over things. You’re like a walking disaster!"

Vanya: (pouting) "Fine! Don’t talk to me then. Hmph!"

Sahil: (teasing) "Oh, but I will! What can you do about it?"

Vanya: "I… I…"

Sahil: (mocking her stammering) "Why are you ‘I-ing’ like a goat? Spit it out!"

Aku, seeing the argument escalating, tries to intervene again.

Aku: "Enough already! If you two don’t stop, I’ll start singing!"

Everyone suddenly looks at Aku, horrified.

All: "Noooo! Please, no singing, Aku! Your singing is ear torture!"

With that, the room erupts in laughter, everyone joining in the fun, including Sahil and Vanya.

Vanya is being discharged from the hospital. A nurse brings a wheelchair for her, as Vanya still feels weak and struggles to walk without feeling dizzy.

As Vanya tries to get up from the bed and sit in the wheelchair, a sudden wave of dizziness hits her. She starts to stumble, about to fall, but just in time, Sahil's dad steps forward and catches her.

Sahil's Dad: (gently) "Easy, beta. Let me help you sit down."

Vanya looks up at him, smiling gratefully. Just then, Sahil steps out of the washroom, having changed his clothes. When he sees his father helping Vanya, anger immediately flares up inside him.

Sahil: (furiously) "What are you doing here? And how dare you come near Vanya?"

Vanya tries to calm Sahil down, but he refuses to listen. His anger only grows, and he lashes out at his father, accusing him of meddling where he isn't wanted.

Sahil's dad, visibly hurt, doesn't argue. He simply looks at Sahil with a pained expression before quietly leaving the room.

Vanya: (softly, but firmly) "Sahil, what have you done? He wasn’t here to trouble me. He was trying to help."

Sahil: (still fuming) "No, Vanya. You don’t understand. A man like him can’t help anyone. All he knows is how to cause pain."

Vanya: (trying to reason with him) "No, Sahil. You’re wrong. I was trying to sit in the wheelchair by myself, and I almost fell. Aku and Rachit weren’t around, and he was the only one who caught me. You didn’t have to be so harsh on him."

Sahil listens to Vanya’s words, and a slight twinge of guilt creeps in. He realizes he might have overreacted, but his stubbornness and anger won't let him fully accept it.

Sahil: (brushing it off) "Let’s not dwell on it. Come on, let’s get out of here."

Sahil helps Vanya into the wheelchair, and they leave the hospital together, the tension still lingering in the air.

Sahil and Vanya step out of the hospital, ready to leave for the airport. Sahil searches for an auto but can't find one. Meanwhile, Rachit and Aku have already gone back to the hotel to handle the packing. As the situation grows more frustrating, a car suddenly pulls up in front of Sahil.

Sahil looks at the car, and his expression hardens as he sees his father stepping out.

Sahil’s Dad: "Come on, beta. I’m heading to the airport too. Let me give you both a ride."

Sahil: (seething with anger) "First of all, I’m not your son. Our relationship ended the day Mom passed away. Secondly, I don’t need your help. I can take Vanya myself. So please, keep your fake sympathy to yourself, Mr. Kapoor."

Vanya: (trying to intervene) "Sahil, how can you talk like that? He’s your father..."

But Sahil snaps at Vanya, cutting her off.

Sahul: "Vanya, stay out of this. No one asked for your opinion."

Vanya, hurt, falls silent.

Aahil’s Dad: (with a heavy sigh) "Alright, fine. I won’t push it. But, if nothing else, think of it this way—you’d pay the auto driver, right? So, just consider me your driver and pay me instead."

Vanya can’t help but support Sahil's dad, sensing the sadness in his voice.

Vanya: (with a touch of drama) "Sahil, Uncle is right. Besides, I’m really tired, and there are no autos in sight..."

Sahil reluctantly agrees, but with one condition.

Sahil: "Fine, but I’ll drive. I’m not taking any risks with Vanya."

Sahil’s dad nods in agreement and moves to help Vanya into the car, but Sahil quickly intervenes.

Sahil: "I’ll handle this. I know how to take care of Vanya."

With that, Sahil gently lifts Vanya from the wheelchair into his arms and carefully places her in the back seat. His father watches the tender moment, his eyes welling up with tears. As he observes the love Arav has for Vanya, a bittersweet thought crosses his mind.

Sahil’s Father: (thinking) "My son loves this girl so much... I just wish they stay together forever. I only hope that one day, my son will accept me back into his life... I’ll keep waiting for that day."

Vanya notices the tears in Sahil’s father’s eyes and silently promises herself.

Vanya: (thinking) "Don’t worry, Uncle. Your son will come around. Just wait and see..."

With that, they drive off towards the airport, the tension between father and son still unresolved, but with a glimmer of hope in Vanya’s heart.