Chapter 10

The next morning, Sahil woke up first.

He realized he was lying on the bed, and Vanya was still asleep with her head resting on his chest. Her soft breathing and the way her hair had fallen across her face made her look absolutely beautiful. Sahil couldn’t help but smile. Gently, he reached out and brushed her hair away from her face with his fingers. But just as he did, Vanya stirred awake.

She slowly opened her eyes and noticed she was so close to Sahil, her head resting on his chest. Startled, she quickly sat up and moved away from him.

Vanya: "What… what are you doing here?"

Sahil: "I… I can explain…"

Vanya: "Explain what? What are you doing in my room?"

Sahil struggled to find the right words, but Vanya wasn’t in the mood to listen.

Vanya: "Why should I listen? You shouldn’t be here!"

Vanya tried to get out of bed, but as soon as she put weight on her foot, she winced in pain. Her ankle was still hurting from the previous night. She stumbled, but before she could fall, Sahil quickly grabbed her and steadied her.

Sahil:."Careful! Are you crazy? I’ve been trying to explain to you, but you won’t listen!"

Vanya: "Why should I listen to you?"

Sahil: "Alright, enough! If you’re not going to listen, I’ll have to do something about it."

Vanya: "What do you mean?!"

Sahil: "I mean, just be quiet!"

Without another word, Sahil grabbed a dupatta from nearby and gently tied it over Vanya's mouth to stop her from arguing. Then, he tightly held her wrists in his hands, preventing her from escaping.

Vanya struggled, trying her best to free herself, but Sahil’s grip was strong. He wasn’t letting go that easily. After all, Sahil was a tough guy.

Vanya kept struggling, trying her hardest to free herself from Sahil’s strong grip, but Sahil held her wrists tightly. (After all, Sahil is a tough guy )

Sahil: "At least now you'll stay quiet and listen to me! Man, today I finally realized how difficult it is to make a girl stay quiet."

Vanya shot him a furious glare, her eyes filled with frustration.

Sahil: "Okay, okay, fine. Listen to me now. Last night, you drank way too much at the party, and..."

Sahil went on to explain everything that had happened the previous night.

Sahil: "And not just that, you were dancing like crazy in the middle of the road at 1 AM, and you made me dance with you too! Do you have any idea how I managed to get you home? My brain was about to explode with your nonstop chatter!"

Sahil looked down at Vanya, only to realize her mouth was still tied up with the dupatta.

Sahil: "Oh... right, you can't even speak with that on."

He quickly untied the dupatta from her mouth. As soon as she was free, Vanya shot up and, limping slightly, hurried back to her room without a word.

Sahil: "What a strange girl… I helped her so much, and she didn’t even say thank you."

Sahil shook his head and got back to his own tasks.

Later that evening, it was time for the Mehendi ceremony. The entire haveli was bustling with preparations, and everyone was caught up in the festive mood. Sahil stood with Rachit, chatting casually, when Vanya and Aku made their entrance.