Chapter 13

Rachit reveals everything to Vanya...

Rachit: Yes, it happened!

Vanya: What happened, Rachit? Please tell me.

Rachit: I have known Sahil since childhood. When Sahil was 8 years old, his mother passed away. He was very close to his mother because his father was busy with work, so his mother was everything to him. He loved his mother a lot. Just a year after his mother's death, Sahil's father remarried. Sahil became very angry with his father because there were many fights between them when his mother was alive. Sahil always believed that his father's actions were responsible for his mother's death. Sahil spent his entire childhood hating his father. Sahil had no friends except for me.

Vanya: So, is Sahil's condition his father's fault?

Rachit: No, Vanya, you are misunderstanding. Uncle remarried so that Sahil would never feel the absence of a mother. Sahil's stepmother loves him very much.

Vanya: Then, Rachit, if Sahil's stepmother loves him so much, why has she left him alone?

Rachit: Because Sahil has never accepted her. He doesn't even want to see her face. She calls him every day hoping he will talk to her, but every day she ends up crying. Sahil never speaks to her. I have seen her crying for Sahil. Sahil's stepmother is actually his real aunt. Yes, Vanya, Sahil's father married his mother's younger sister because he knew she would love Sahil as much as his mother did.

Vanya: Then why don't you explain this to Sahil? You are the closest to him.

Rachit: Vanya, I have always tried to explain it to him, but he is not willing to listen. He hates his father and his stepmother so much that it's beyond words.

Vanya: This is such a big misunderstanding, Rachit.

Rachit: Yes, but now I don't talk to him about it because these things hurt him a lot.

Tears come to Vanya's eyes, and she asks Rachit where Sahil is. Rachit tells her that Sahil is in his room, sleeping, as he hasn't slept all night.

Vanya runs to Sahil's room, where Sahil is sleeping on his bed. She goes to him, sits by his bed, and strokes his head.

Vanya: Sahil, I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I always thought that only I was wronged by fate, but learning about you today... seeing you hiding all this inside yourself, I'm here now. I will set everything right.

Vanya kisses Sahil on the forehead and leaves.

She goes to her room, thinking that Sahil truly loves her and she should also receive love in return.

Vanya calls Aku and Rachit to meet her. They come to meet her.

Rachit: What happened, Vanya? Is everything okay? Why did you call us?

Aku: Yeah, Vanu, what's up? Tell us.

Vanya: Let me tell you both... I called you because I want to propose to Sahil.

Aku and Rachit are both shocked.

Aku and Rachit: What??

Aku: Wait, what did you just say?

Rachit: Are you serious??

Vanya: Yes, yes, I'm serious. Why are you both in such shock as if I said something unbelievable?

Aku: Wait a minute. You really want to propose to Sahil? Say it again... Am I dreaming or something?

Rachit: Yeah, man, pinch me too. Am I dreaming as well? 😂😂

Vanya: Stop it, both of you... You're both crazy. Yes, I really want to propose to Sahil.

Hearing this, Aku and Rachit first hug each other, then they hug Vanya as well.

Aku: Love you, my dear. You have no idea how happy we are today.

Rachit: Yes, you don't know how much joy you've given us. I will tell Sahil now; he will be very happy too.

Vanya: No, don't tell him yet.

Rachit: But Vanya, why? He should know first.

Vanya: He will find out, but not now. I have a plan...

Vanya explains everything to them. The three return to the hotel and get busy with their own work.

Rachit goes to his room and sees Sahil sitting on the sofa, looking at Vanya's diary.

Sahil: Bro, you're here?

Rachit: What are you doing, bro?

Sahil: Nothing, bro... I'm thinking about the plan for the future, how to bring Vanya back to me...

Rachit: Yeah, bro, think about it (Bro, you don't know Vanya is already with you, you just don't know it yet).

Sahil: What's wrong, bro? Where have you been...

Rachit: Nothing, bro, just thinking about what to do next.

Sahil: Bro, I've thought about it...

Rachit: What?

Sahil: I want to do something that Vanya will never forget, making it the best day of her life... Just watch...

Rachit: What's the plan, bro? Tell me...

Sahil: Bro, the plan is...

Sahil explains the plan to Rachit.

Rachit meets Vanya and Aku.

Vanya: What happened, Rachit?

Rachit: Vanya, Sahil has made a plan to propose to you...

Aku: What?? But Vanya is also going to propose to Sahil...

Vanya: Aku, it's okay. Listen to me. If Sahil wants to propose to me, that's fine. I want to do whatever makes him happy. You and Rachit should let things go as they are. Focus on the second plan and make sure it is successful in any case.

Rachit: Okay, fine, but listen to his plan.

Vanya: No, Rachit, don't tell me. I want to see the happiness on his face when he proposes to me. I want to see how much my Sahil loves me...

Aku: I'm so happy that you two will finally be together.

Vanya: Now let's see what Mr. Akdu does...

In the evening, the 11th and 12th-grade students plan to play antakshari near the bonfire in the hotel garden, dividing into two groups. Team A's captain is Sahil and Team B's captain is Vanya. This antakshari game is Sahil's plan.

Everyone excitedly goes to their respective teams. Sahil goes to Vanya, leans close to her ear, and says:

Sahil: Today, you will see. I will make sure to get your heart's words out. I challenge you, Miss Bak Bak (today, I will make you mine, Vanya).

Vanya: Do whatever you want, Mr. Akdu. I will beat you and you'll see. Challenge accepted, Mr. Akdu (today, you must give me all the happiness).

Sahil: Let's see.

Vanya: Whatever.

Both head to their respective teams. The first turn is for Team A.

Rachit takes Vanya by the hand from the other team and brings her to the bonfire. Vanya stands there while Rachit sings:

ek ladki bheegi bhaagi si ...
Soti raato me jagi si....hmmmm

He gestures towards Sahil.

Mili ek ajnabee se
Koi aagey na piche ..
Tum hi kaho ye koi baat h .haaa...

At this moment, Aku comes from Team B and brings Sahil to the bonfire. Aku sings:

Hayee hayee re hayee ye ladka
Karta nadania kyu ...
Pucho toh hayeee
Kbhi ye hmse ldta h
K abhi jhagadta h ..
Karo dur se chedkhani ...
Ye ladka h deewana h deewana

Sahil and Vanya both stand by the bonfire. Vanya starts to get emotional. Sahil takes Vanya's hand and sings:

Dil mera sunn ne ko bekraar h ...
Kaho na pyar hai....
Kaho na pyar hai...

In the midst of the fun, Vanya lets go of her hand and sings along...